Gtx 560m Sli

[email protected]

Hi,

The Viper iii has the option of the GTX 560M Sli over a single card. Is it worth paying the extra and having Sli? Would I gain a considerable amount of power/brawn by doing so?

I would mainly use the laptop for gaming and some video editing.
I wish there was the option of a single GTX 580M or Radeon equivalent...

Any thoughts?

Thanks

lemunk

i think on paper the sli beats GTX 580M but only just, you would have to google some benchmarks. Is it worth it? good question not easy to answer...my opinion more and more games are becoming sli profiled and having to GPUs measn if one breaks you cans till use your other while getting a replacement. But many people do say always get a single beast card then in the future sli if you can or want. I do hear though that there gona release the 580m sli soon.....so you could wait for that hehe!

truegrace

Enthusiast
560 sli is ever so slightly more powerful, and a viper sli is a very similar price to a vortex with a 580. Def worth waiting if u can for the 580 sli chassis if you want max power

tom_gr7

Life Serving
If you are wanting the 580m in the viper chassis I think pcs are bringing those in the future.

You could drop an email or give pcs a quick call to enquire?

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm - well Nvidia always keep tight lips but this all looks like over speculation to me. I've never seen a benchmark chart like this before:

nvidia-geforce-gtx-780-vs-gtx580.jpg

Normally its FPS or percentages. Also - why would Nvidia launch a new card that is twice as good as the GTX 580...? There's no need as AMD don't have anything close to that performance. I I had to bet money on this, I would say it's defo a fake :)

NMEBowen

Master Poster
chart maybe fake but ive also seen that nvidia are skipping the 600 series and going straight to 700 so there might be a slight truth to the lie.

alex_123_fra

The big question is, will the upcoming chassis that supports 2x GTX 580s be upgradeable to the 700 series cards in SLi later? Probably way too soon to answer that though.

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
The big question is, will the upcoming chassis that supports 2x GTX 580s be upgradeable to the 700 series cards in SLi later? Probably way too soon to answer that though.

If the cards are physically the same size and TDP then yes the chassis should accept them. :)