Graphics Card Mis-Advertised?

iTzCallumUK

Okay, to start off, I don't know if this is the correct part of the forum or not, feel free to move it if it is in the wrong place.

But anyway. After purchasing a Desktop from PCS near the start of this year/end of last year, I purchased a GTX 960, displayed as "2GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 960 - 1 DVI, HDMI, 3 DP - 3D Vision Ready". However, I have recently noticed that it has 2 (not 1) DVI (1 DVI-I and 1 DVI-D), 1 HDMI and only 1 DP instead of the 'advertised' 3.

I mean, as a product, you'd expect to receive exactly what it says.

IMG_3250.JPG

- Callum

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
If this is an issue for you you'll need to call PCS and discuss it. The PCS staff visit these fora only occasionally.

Rakk

The Awesome
2 adapters? Or can only one type of DVI be converted?
I think Oussebons comment was the fact that 1 DVI + 1 HDMI + 3DP = 5 ports, whereas 2 DVI + 1 HDMI + 1 DP = 4 ports :)

Anyways the OP should really contact PCS if it is an issue, sometimes the GPUs can have differing ports dependent on who manufactured them, so in this case I suspect PCS had got some from a manufacturer who had cards with differing ports to how it was stated on the configurator.

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
When using non reference cards the outputs vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Sometimes if they run low on stock they may be forced to take cards from a different manufacturer to stop people waiting for machines to be delivered. I think the specifications quoted are for the reference designs and by getting a non reference card you are actually getting a better card in terms of performance, temps or noise. if it is an issue you can buy adapters to convert those ports to display port outputs.

But as others have said you would need to call PCS directly to get an official response.