GPU died, seeking replacement and advice,

SrgColman

Enthusiast
So my GTX 570 finally kicked the bucket so I'm looking to replace her sharpish.

This is my current machine

Case
COOLERMASTER CM690 MKII ADVANCED CASE

Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™i5-2500 Quad Core (3.30GHz, 6MB Cache) + HD Graphics

Motherboard
ASUS® P8Z68-V PRO: USB 3.0, SATA 6.0GB/s, NVIDIA® SLI™, ATI® CrossFireX™

Memory (RAM)
8GB SAMSUNG DDR3 DUAL-DDR3 1333MHz (2 X 4GB)

So I'm looking to slap a new GTX card in for at max I guess £300, so I was looking at the 770 4GB cards earlier today, just wondering how mindful I have to be about size of the card and slots its going to take up considering my build above.

Thanks guys

bigben

Master Poster
Unless you have a surround gaming setup there isn't really much point in getting 4gb VRAM, won't make much difference if any on a single monitor.

A GTX 770 should fit in there pretty comfortably. I have 2 GTX 670s in my rig and they are only about 1" shorter than the GTX 770.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Look up your case specs on the CM site, they'll give dimensions for the max length of card it can accommodate. And like Alex said, if you only have a single monitor the 2GB version will be fine. It's a shame ou can't stretch to a 780 as they're really good value for money since the 780ti was released.

SrgColman

Enthusiast
Any particular model of 770 or 780?

Cheapest I've seen of the 780, is Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 at around £380 and the 770 is Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 at £250, am I really getting that much of a performance boost for £130?

halox

Enthusiast
I'd go with the GTX 770. Will dwarf your old GTX 570 with alot more performance. Its also a similar power demand as you didn't list your PSU.

Boozad

Prolific Poster
Any particular model of 770 or 780?

If you DO choose the 780 a reference Palit from PCS will be more than good enough, I have one in my rig and it's an absolutely brilliant card. The cooling system on them is top notch and they're very quiet for such a high end card.