Getting an M.2 SSD to work

AB2112

I'll preface by saying I bought the PC from PCS a few months ago and it has been working fine, minus a few connection issues.

I decided to buy a Samsung 970 500gb M.2 SSD last week, and after installing it (motherboard is an Asus Z390-P, so compatibility isn't a issue), it wasn't showing up in Windows Explorer.

I went to Disk Manager, where it prompted me to initialise the new 500gb M.2, which I did by selecting the latter of two options (GUID, as opposed to Master Boot Record I think). It then put the M.2 as Disk 2 (after my SSD as Disk 0 and HDD as Disk 1), I restarted the PC after that.

Now as I look at the Disk Manager, it has put the new M.2 as Disk 0, my SSD that windows is installed on as Disk 1 and HDD as Disk 2, moving the M.2 in front of the other two pre-installed storage drives... Yet it still isn't' showing up in Windows Explorer, and it says it is entirely unallocated, which I suppose makes sense,

Where would I go from here to get the M.2 to show up without putting the other two storage drives at risk?

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
If you go back into the Disk Manager you should be able to right click on it and select "New Simple Volume". This should give it a drive letter and allow a quick format of the space for use.

AB2112

If you go back into the Disk Manager you should be able to right click on it and select "New Simple Volume". This should give it a drive letter and allow a quick format of the space for use.
Ah, thanks very much for that! Exactly what I wanted.