Games Running Slow and Monitor Issues

FDawg

I got my pc around a month ago now and yesterday after downloading and watching disney + for 20 minutes my pc froze and I had to turn it off on the case. Once I got it back on my second monitor is no longer being detected and any game/app I run is laggy as hell and unusable. I downloaded Disney + from the microsoft store on my pc and I have antivirus software installed so that shouldn't be the issue. I have my monitors connected to my GPU and my drivers are up to date. My current BIOS is:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1616, 16/05/2023

My specs are:
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 7 7700 Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-5.3GHz/40MB CACHE/AM5)
MotherboardASUS® TUF GAMING B650-PLUS WIFI (DDR5, USB 3.2, 6Gb/s)
Memory (RAM)32GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB DDR5 5600MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card12GB AMD RADEON™ RX 6700 XT - HDMI, DP - DX® 12
Graphics Card Support BracketNONE (BRACKET INCLUDED AS STANDARD ON 4070 Ti AND ABOVE)
1st M.2 SSD Drive512GB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 7000MB/sR, 4700MB/sW)
2nd M.2 SSD Drive2TB INTEL® 670p M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD (up to 3500MB/sR | 2700MB/sW)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 850W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead, 1.0mm Core)
Processor CoolingDeepCool AG400 Performance ARGB CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound CardONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network CardONBOARD 2.5Gbe LAN PORT
Wireless Network CardNOT REQUIRED
USB/Thunderbolt OptionsMIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating SystemWindows 11 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KUK-00003]

Any idea what I should do? I feel like I've tried everything on google.

Last edited by a moderator:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Can you post a screenshot of your device manager page

Also your optional updates page?

Which AV are you using?

FDawg

1692009146768.png

1692009031602.png

my av is Noton 360 for gamers

Attachments

• 1692009120862.png
    1692009120862.png
    104.6 KB · Views: 35

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Looks like the driver isn't enabled for your GPU. I would get rid of Norton as soon as you can, it's awful for creating issues.

FDawg

100% agree, you need to uninstall Norton before doing anything else, you can't do it from windows, you need to use their uninstaller tool

So to clarify should I do all of those optional updates or just select ones and I'll unistall Norton now XD thanks

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Is that Norton completely removed using the aforementioned uninstaller?

Have you been into the device manager for anything before? The GPU has been disabled, you need to enable it.

I'm struggling to offer advice as I'm not sure how you have gotten to the situation of having a disabled GPU though. This isn't something that should ever happen automatically.

FDawg

yeah I removed Norton using the unistaller you linked. I did go into the device manager yesterday to update the drivers so maybe I accidently disabled it like a muppet. I've enabled it now and all drivers are still up to date. The second monitor is working again now and the games are all good thanks. Can't believe I didn't see the issue sooner XD

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
At least it's been a fairly easy fix. Worked out well as now you're rid of Norton too :D

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Norton is pure evil these days, it's nothing more than malware and should be avoided at any cost.

Windows Defender is part of windows and is just as good if not better than most paid solutions. There's just no need for extra AV these days.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Norton is pure evil these days, it's nothing more than malware and should be avoided at any cost.
As most eople know, I do BSOD dump analysis on a number of fora. All third-party antimalware tools cause BSODs for many users, and whilst Norton is seen often it's not the worst offender in my experience. That 'honour' goes to Avast!...

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The issue I've got with norton is it stealing your system resource to mine. That's just wild.