FUSION EXTREME (+ a lot off add... too many)

VinJol

Bronze Level Poster
FUSION EXTREME.jpg

The original build cost only 2480€.

I don't know how (in truth I know very well*) my set up is more like 3488€ after add some extra ^^'
*SSD 2TB Firecuda, Asus Strix version of 3080...

What can I change to be more reasonable? 3000€ (+/-)

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You know what you've added, so what are you actually asking? What is the machine going to be used for?

Do you need the 2TB SSD as well as the 250GB SSD? If not you can save €100 by removing the smaller one.

Do you need the Strix version of the RTX3080 or would you rather save €200 by going for a standard RTX3080?

Do you need a perpetual Office 2019 single user licence for €150 or would you rather pay €70/year for a subscription to the regularly updated, multi-user/computer version.

Last edited:

VinJol

Bronze Level Poster
The small SSD is for the OS (windows)
The big SSD is for GAMES
The HDD is for storage.

@TonyCarter
The Strix RTX have not a better cooling with his integrated 3 fans?
It's usless?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm not suggesting that anything you've picked is a bad choice, just trying to figure out what you're happy to swap out to meet your 'more reasonable' price expectation.

If everything you've picked is 'mandatory' then it's not worth anyone's effort to try to save you €10 by removing an RGB strip.

But, if it is JUST for games and MS Office (and no multi-threaded heavy video/crunching workloads) then there's a decent saving to be had by going to a 5800x (over €100 saving) or 5600x (over €250 saving) CPU. You could then also save a small amount by going down to a 750W PSU.

VinJol

Bronze Level Poster
Ok, so go to change to the standard Nvidia RTX.

Do you think change the motherboard Asus Strix X570 by a Gigabyte X570 less expensive is a good saving?
Apparently two PCEi gen.4 is enought for my set up.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
You know what you've added, so what are you actually asking? What is the machine going to be used for?

Do you need the 2TB SSD as well as the 250GB SSD? If not you can save €100 by removing the smaller one.

Do you need the Strix version of the RTX3080 or would you rather save €200 by going for a standard RTX3080?

Do you need a perpetual Office 2019 single user licence for €150 or would you rather pay €70/year for a subscription to the regularly updated, multi-user/computer version.
Which includes 1TB of storage on onedrive

VinJol

Bronze Level Poster
For 6 users/computer, that not bad. I take this new option.

New set up: (2960€) thanks @Nursemorph and others.

Do I need the 3 additional fans to complete all support or not? Always better, isn't it?

Last edited: