First PC Any advice

KaTrIX

This will be my first gaming PC and i would like it to be able to last me at least 4-5 years. Also I wanted it to be quite powerful and run games at 60fps 1440p ultra/high settings. Please tell me of any changes i need to make.
Thanks.

Case
NZXT H500 MID-TOWER GAMING CASE (WHITE)
Overclocked CPU
Overclocked AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8 Core (3.6GHz @ up to 4.3GHz)

down_right_arrow.gif
Get 3 Months of XBOX Game Pass for PC w/ select AMD Ryzen CPUs
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2070 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Call of Duty: Modern Warfare with select NVIDIA GeForce RTX GPUs!
1st Storage Drive
2TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA SATA-III 3.5" HDD, 6GB/s, 7200RPM, 256MB CACHE
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB ADATA SX6000 Pro PCIe M.2 2280 (2100 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 650W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair H60 2018 Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
LED Lighting
50cm RGB LED Strip
Extra Case Fans
5x Corsair LL120 RGB LED Fan + Controller Kit
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Wireless/Wired Networking
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT (Wi-Fi NOT INCLUDED)
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Google Chrome™
Cable Management
3 x PCS 1.5M Zip Cable Tidy - Professional Cable Management
Warranty
3 Year Standard Warranty (1 Month Collect & Return, 1 Year Parts, 3 Year Labour)
Delivery
STANDARD INSURED DELIVERY TO UK MAINLAND (MON-FRI)
Build Time
Standard Build - Approximately 12 to 14 working days
Price: £1,665.00 including VAT and Delivery

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
That will handle the task admirably. You could save quite a bit of money though and still have the same level of gaming performance, if you wanted to.

I would definitely advise against the OC on the AMD chip. AMD overclocking and Intel overclocking are very different things. The AMD boost speed is based on the fastest core, whereas with Intel it's the slowest. If you OC an AMD chip you will get the LOWEST boost speed across the range for stability. If you leave the controller to handle it you will get a higher frequency on the more efficient cores.

3700X is overkill, 3600 would be more than enough for gaming and multi-tastking. 3700X would be aimed towards streaming while gaming, high level processing etc.
X570 motherboard is very expensive. You can opt for a B450 that will have zero impact on performance
The 2070 Super will smash 1440p at 60hz. You could happily opt for the 2060 Super. The 2070 is a reasonable outlay considering you want it to last though.
You don't want the H60 cooler. If you want RGB, put some savings towards the H100 RGB. Otherwise, the stock cooler would be fine.
5 LL fans is massive overkill. If you went with the H100 RGB I would drop them altogether and opt for the 460x case.

KaTrIX

That will handle the task admirably. You could save quite a bit of money though and still have the same level of gaming performance, if you wanted to.

I would definitely advise against the OC on the AMD chip. AMD overclocking and Intel overclocking are very different things. The AMD boost speed is based on the fastest core, whereas with Intel it's the slowest. If you OC an AMD chip you will get the LOWEST boost speed across the range for stability. If you leave the controller to handle it you will get a higher frequency on the more efficient cores.

3700X is overkill, 3600 would be more than enough for gaming and multi-tastking. 3700X would be aimed towards streaming while gaming, high level processing etc.
X570 motherboard is very expensive. You can opt for a B450 that will have zero impact on performance
The 2070 Super will smash 1440p at 60hz. You could happily opt for the 2060 Super. The 2070 is a reasonable outlay considering you want it to last though.
You don't want the H60 cooler. If you want RGB, put some savings towards the H100 RGB. Otherwise, the stock cooler would be fine.
5 LL fans is massive overkill. If you went with the H100 RGB I would drop them altogether and opt for the 460x case.
Thanks very much i will probably stick with the 2070 super but i am happy to go with the 3600x and use the saved money to purchase the h100 (does the h60 not perform well as a cooler) i chose the 5 fans due to concerns i had with cooling as i do not now what brand the gpu is and so decided to be safe and supply the gpu with an overkill cooling system.
Thanks so much for your feedback it was incredibly helpful :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
the 3600x
Only go with the X over the 3600 if you want the free game a lot. From a performance POV, it's not worth the difference.

h100 (does the h60 not perform well as a cooler)
The H100x is much better and little more expensive, so if you're spending that much cash on a cooler you might as well get a better value one.

i do not now what brand the gpu is and so decided to be safe and supply the gpu with an overkill cooling system.
That's a non-issue. If you're spending £80 to try to keep temps down enough to squeeze out another 10MHz of boost clock under sustained load for an extra 0.3fps, you might as well just ditch the fans and buy an RTX 2080 Super which would give a lot more frames per £.

The stock cooling is fine.

If you went with the H100 RGB I would drop them altogether and opt for the 460x case.
A very good suggestion!

KaTrIX

Only go with the X over the 3600 if you want the free game a lot. From a performance POV, it's not worth the difference.

The H100x is much better and little more expensive, so if you're spending that much cash on a cooler you might as well get a better value one.

That's a non-issue. If you're spending £80 to try to keep temps down enough to squeeze out another 10MHz of boost clock under sustained load for an extra 0.3fps, you might as well just ditch the fans and buy an RTX 2080 Super which would give a lot more frames per £.

The stock cooling is fine.

A very good suggestion!
Thank you so much for the feedback i have reduced the fans down to 3 and switched the cpu cooler to the corsair H100i (i have seen dome very good reviews for this cooler and the RGB is a massive plus (this is because i plan to change the colours of the lighting often) I am going to stick with the 3600x so that i don't feel that i am not doing the H100i justice.
Thanks so much for all the feedback :)

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
Honestly, the 3600x is the 3600 where you pay £40 for it having the letter 'x' in the name. The only thing you're doing justice to is AMD's market department for thinking of putting -x on the end of a CPU's name and charging £40 more for it!

In fairness to AMD, that tactic apparently works.

If you want one of the games, then fair enough, it's good value, but otherwise...

KaTrIX

Honestly, the 3600x is the 3600 where you pay £40 for it having the letter 'x' in the name. The only thing you're doing justice to is AMD's market department for thinking of putting -x on the end of a CPU's name and charging £40 more for it!

In fairness to AMD, that tactic apparently works.

If you want one of the games, then fair enough, it's good value, but otherwise...
To be honest i think it is worth getting the 3600x just because of the game because i can get a game like the outer worlds £60 (i think) for free. My logic is most likely flawed but yea.
Once again thank you for helping me as you have saved me a good amount of money i can use elsewhere Thanks :)