February's Charity Giveaway...

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK - its time to giveaway some more money (to charity of course) but have a bit of fun whilst doing it.

If you arent Rugby Union fans / Six Nations fans - you might want to pay attention this coming weekend :)

I'm not really a rugby union person, but had to pick something to get you all guessing.

There are three games being played as follows:

2022 Six Nations rugby championship – round three
Saturday 26 February 2022
– Scotland vs. France (BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh; 2.15pm GMT)
– England vs. Wales (Twickenham Stadium, London; 4.45pm GMT)
Sunday 27th February 2022
– Ireland vs. Italy (Aviva Stadium, Dublin; 3pm GMT)

The person who can guess the total points scored over all three games (or the nearest to it) wins £10 for the charity of their choice.

Tie breaker - how many tries will be scored.

So please let me know your answers before the first game on Saturday kicks off - so before 2.15pm (GMT).

As always, my decision is final. Only one entry per person. Charity must be a registered charity and accept UK GBP or Euros (will be equivalent of £10 GBP) as a donation.

So remember answer:

1. How many points will be scored in total across all three games.

2. Tiebreaker - how many tries will be scored.

If you dont know what a try is or what the points scored are for tries, conversions and penalties etc then google Rugby Union rules :D

Cheers

Andy.

Last edited:

Bhuna50

Author Level
Come on everyone - take part - win a tenner for your charity even if you have won before - everyones welcome. The more the merrier and you never know....there might be more than a tenner up for grabs .... just ask the 'locals' - they know what I mean :D :D

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry, i don't know anything about teams or (more or less) rugby
i can toss dices and give you score, but i think it's not really fair that way ^^"
Sorry ^^"

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
I'm in. Always generous mate, well done!

I know so little about the game so I pretty much threw out a random number generator for scoring :ROFLMAO:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I'm in. Always generous mate, well done!

I know so little about the game so I pretty much threw out a random number generator for scoring :ROFLMAO:
Mine was a bit more scientific than that, and I know about the game and follow it😂

Bhuna50

Author Level
OK - I was hoping to have a table up before the first two games but I was out all afternoon watching some $#!£ football (as I dont care much for the rugby myself LOL) :D

Only 5 entries and considering a few of the entries claim not to follow the rugby the guesses are all pretty close to each others...

Well the results so far have been:

Scotland1736France
England2319Wales

so a total of 95 with one game to go - 12 tries scored so far....

What did you all guess:

Forum
Total
Breaker
Difference
@rouchie1201125
@sck4511221327
@Martinr361301435
@Scott1481553
@AgentCooper1621867

So at the moment @rouchie is the closest but we have to wait for the Ireland v Italy tomorrow...and we could see a lot of points still added. Looking at last years game between these two teams, there was 58 points scored, the year before 67. Back in 2018 these teams played each other twice in various competitions and those games saw 61 and 75 points being scored...So everyone could be in with a chance here still...

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
OK - I was hoping to have a table up before the first two games but I was out all afternoon watching some $#!£ football (as I dont care much for the rugby myself LOL) :D

Only 5 entries and considering a few of the entries claim not to follow the rugby the guesses are all pretty close to each others...

Well the results so far have been:

Scotland1736France
England2319Wales

so a total of 95 with one game to go - 12 tries scored so far....

What did you all guess:

Forum
Total
Breaker
Difference
@rouchie1201125
@sck4511221327
@Martinr361301435
@Scott1481553
@AgentCooper1621867

So at the moment @rouchie is the closest but we have to wait for the Ireland v Italy tomorrow...and we could see a lot of points still added. Looking at last years game between these two teams, there was 58 points scored, the year before 67. Back in 2018 these teams played each other twice in various competitions and those games saw 61 and 75 points being scored...So everyone could be in with a chance here still...
This is looking like the final few minutes of England V Wales this afternoon...............................

sck451

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If England have beaten Wales, I'll take a loss in this game. As I imagine England will against France and Ireland.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
1st half was one way, 2nd half was exciting and the last 5 minutes was just electric. If Wales had won they would have stole it though, deserved win for England but a cracking dig out from Wales :)

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Sorry, some bad ... "news" happened this week end, so i didn't really have the mind for this ^^"
may the best win ^^

edit : nothing about the global world events, it's work related
(don't worry too much)

Bhuna50

Author Level
With a further 9 tries being scored today in the Ireland v Italy game and the game seeing a huge 63 points (57 from Ireland), the final results are:

Total points scored: 158

Tie-breaker (not required): saw 21 tries across the three games.

We see @rouchie going from first place to last place and @AgentCooper going from last to first place thanks to the large score from Ireland in this game. The result:

Forum
Total
Breaker
Difference
@AgentCooper162184
@Scott14815-10
@Martinr3613014-28
@sck45112213-36
@rouchie12011-38

So, @AgentCooper, if you could let me know your charity choice again please for this one, I will gladly donate £10, as promised for the winner.

And as always with my charity giveaways, there is usually a bonus, and it was actually going to be a £5 donation to all other participants, BUT I hope the other 4 do not mind, but in light of recent events, the £20 that it would have generated for various charities of your choice will now be making its way to the Help Ukraine Emergency fund that has been set up (I need to just do some due diligence to make sure its an official one, but will let you all know).

Thanks everyone for taking part.