Failure to return correctly from Sleep state

GG.Doc

I recently ordered a new small form factor PC to the below specifications which arrived on 22/7/22. I have transferred software and data to the machine which seems to function very well apart from one factor.

When the machine goes into Sleep mode either from the time elapsing as set in power options or doing it deliberately from the start menu, it does not return cleanly to the state in which it entered sleep mode. On pressing the escape key to return, the activity light pulses, the machine gives three beeps and reboots. The same behaviour happens if the machine is put into the Hibernation state except that it only gives one beep. One of the Microsoft forums reports that this is sometimes due to corrupted system files and recommends issuing sfc /scannow from an elevated command prompt. I did this and it reported that there were some damaged files that it had replaced but the same behaviour occurred, rebooting from the Sleep state. I wonder if there are any settings in the BIOS that affect Sleep mode.

Thanks for your help.

Machine Spec.
Order Number 2392739

Case InWin CJ708 Black Micro ATX Case 265W
Processor (CPU) Intel® Core™ i5 Six Core Processor i5-10500 (3.1GHz) 12MB Cache
Motherboard GIGABYTE H510M S2H (rev. 1.0) : Micro-ATX, DDR4, USB 3.2, SATA 6GBs
Memory (RAM) 16GB PCS PRO DDR4 2666MHz (1 x 16GB)
Graphics Card NTEGRATED GRAPHICS ACCELERATOR (GPU)
1st Storage Drive 512GB PCS 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive 512GB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (3300 MB/R, 2200 MB/W)
Power Supply InWin 265W INTEGRATED POWERPower Cable 1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power)
Processor Cooling STANDARD CPU COOLER
Sound Card ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card 1 0/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB/Thunderbolt Options MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 4 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64 Bit - inc. Single Licence [KK3-00002]

FlyOrDie

unlikely bios will affect this. And a unit this young .When you say you transferred software and data ? was it from a USB key .If so did you scan the key before doing so , you could have transferred nasty .

Salmon Fisher

Enthusiast
Check to see if you have anything drawing power from a USB connection, if you do this can cause the machine to boot to bios rather than a clean start.