Early Access done right - Hades II

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
I loved the hell out of Hades, although I was really bad at the game, and so I was hopeful when the sequel was announced. It launched on Steam into Early Access yesterday and the early reviews suggest that Supergiant games have done it again!

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Wondered why I knew the name 'Supergiant' when I've not played Hades, and then realised it's the same developer who made Bastion.

Just finished Horizon Forbidden West (not 100% though as I can't be bothered with the PitMaster trials), and am playing Cat Quest now...which is almost identical to Hades, but with furrier graphics ;)

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Supergiant just make fantastic games, I'll buy anything they release

Bastion was incredible and I've been fully on board since then

Hades felt like their masterpiece but it had a tonne of room to grow and expand, super excited for Hades II

AccidentalDenz

Lord of Steam
For all of Cat Quest's cutesy graphics, there's a surprising amount of depth to it. It's a fun time and Cat Quest 2's reviews suggest it's more of the same, but I've not got around to playing it yet. I've got Cat Quest 3 on the wishlist!

Supergiant have 4 fantastic games in their back catalogue. I personally found Bastion the one that did least for me, but can accept that's just my personal view. I really enjoyed Transistor and Pyre, while others had issues with those games.

Supergiant are one of the developers where I'd consider pre-ordering any of their games that caught my attention enough for me to want to jump in on Day 1!

Last edited:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
For all of Cat Quest's cutesy graphics, there's a surprising amount of depth to is. It's a fun time and Cat Quest 2's reviews suggest it's more of the same, but I've not got around to playing it yet. I've got Cat Quest 3 on the wishlist!

Supergiant have 4 fantastic games in their back catalogue. I personally found Bastion the one that did least for me, but can accept that's just my personal view. I really enjoyed Transistor and Pyre, while others had issues with those games.

Supergiant are one of the developers where I'd consider pre-ordering any of their games that caught my attention enough for me to want to jump in on Day 1!
Definitely, and I like the way some devs with take quite strict rule-books (in D&D/WotC type games) and make so many different-looking games out of them...e.g. Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, Divinity, Iceland Dale, etc.

Tron1982

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
The supergiant game that got me into this studio was Transistor. The OST was so beautiful and the story was really awesome.
But to be fair, the first hades was so enjoyable that I played it for 100+ hours