Difference on amending order

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Just noticed that when I go to the amend order screen it starts with having £28 on as if I've changed to something more expensive, when in fact I have not. Logging in and out doesn't seem to make a difference either. Clicking the reset amendments also has no effect. Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing/experienced this?

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Nope, just scroll down & make sure something hasn't accidentally been selected

What stage is the order at, if its already past a certain stage it could be the amendment charge

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Nope, just scroll down & make sure something hasn't accidentally been selected

What stage is the order at, if its already past a certain stage it could be the amendment charge
I have double checked everything on the order, pretty certain nothing nothing has changed. I'm still in pre production so don't think it's that either.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
I have found where the extra is coming from but actually haven't changed any thing. It would appear to be the windows license (found out by clicking on proceed until it tells you if parts are in-stock). Only options are to put no OS at minus £65ish or the other license which is more expensive.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210203-113547.png
    Screenshot_20210203-113547.png
    193.1 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Anyone got any other suggestions? Or would it be a case of if/when I need to change anything I ring PCS

thestokehero

Yeah assumed it would be. Ill fire them and email. Don't need to change anything immediately so waiting a week isn't really a problem.
I found that when amending my order certain things did change - a wifi card kept getting added by default. SO there is a chance that it was doing something on its own. Best to double check. I believe that PCS also apply an amendment charge for some changes.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
It's likely a reflection of the overall price of individual components changing.

Without any changes the price is guaranteed. When you change one thing, the whole build will likely be re-assessed. To me this suggests that if you do make a change, it will be based on current prices for all parts in your build, rather than just the one you are changing.

I'm sure I've heard of this working in peoples favours before, as it stands in this climate it's obviously to the detriment. Not sure where you would stand with regards to pricing guarantees when making changes though. You would definitely need to check with PCS. Would be good if you could feed back your findings.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The T&Cs don't make mention of order amendments...however, this:

"Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you an Order Confirmation."

Whilst you are making an amendment, the price still shouldn't change for everything else as you already have an order confirmation. AT least that's how I read it. It's one of the areas of the T&Cs that aren't very well (or at all) covered

The confirmation will be for that order in it's entirety and singularly. Any changes made would require a further Order Confirmation with the previous one likely being null and void.

My guess is that each time you make an amendment you get a new order confirmation.

Could be wrong though, and with how PCS tend to be they might honour the pricing regardless of what their solicitor says :D

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
When you make an amendment to an existing order you just get invoiced or a credit note for the amendment, the rest of the order stays as is

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
When you make an amendment to an existing order you just get invoiced or a credit note for the amendment, the rest of the order stays as is

That being the case it's hopefully just a config error then :)

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Appreciate the replies guys. I'm fairly sure it's just a glitch with the configurator. I have triple checked every box on there to make sure nothing was added or changed from my order. It would appear to be the windows license as in the above picture, it now has what I assume is a product code next to it. I think this is potentially acting as a new product or just same product but accounting for cost increases in the industry. This has only happened in the last 3-4 days, previous 50 days it was £0 as I have had the OS in there from day one.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Appreciate the replies guys. I'm fairly sure it's just a glitch with the configurator. I have triple checked every box on there to make sure nothing was added or changed from my order. It would appear to be the windows license as in the above picture, it now has what I assume is a product code next to it. I think this is potentially acting as a new product or just same product but accounting for cost increases in the industry. This has only happened in the last 3-4 days, previous 50 days it was £0 as I have had the OS in there from day one.

I'm getting the same thing when I click on amend order. It starts at £18.00 without me actually changing anything - I think it could be due to the OS price seemingly have increased since time of ordering, that's the only thing I can think of.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
I'm getting the same thing when I click on amend order. It starts at £18.00 without me actually changing anything - I think it could be due to the OS price seemingly have increased since time of ordering, that's the only thing I can think of.
Yeah if you click proceed then proceed again I think it takes you to where you can see any changes that have been made and if they are in stock. If you do that you'll be able to see what changed as per the pic I've posted above.

JzB

Bronze Level Poster
Also seems the power recommendations for a 3080 have changed recently as config is now saying 750w isn't enough, just tried to proceed to check the process I posted above was correct lol

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Yeah if you click proceed then proceed again I think it takes you to where you can see any changes that have been made and if they are in stock. If you do that you'll be able to see what changed as per the pic I've posted above.

Yeah it's a bit stupid really, kinda the equivalent of paying for a meal and before it arrives phoning the chef to remove the onions, only for him to say you need to now pay extra as the cost of the original ingredients have gone up.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Also seems the power recommendations for a 3080 have changed recently as config is now saying 750w isn't enough, just tried to proceed to check the process I posted above was correct lol
850W would be the minimum recommended for an aftermarket 3080