Desktop pc

MrGlitch

I need a Desktop my budget is £700 (for the Americans here $915) if anybody could give me some ideas

What i am using it for
Gaming
Editing

Stuff i need included
Office 2016

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I need a Desktop my budget is £700 (for the Americans here $915) if anybody could give me some ideas

What i am using it for
Gaming
Editing

Stuff i need included
Office 2016

Where are you based? Note that PCS don't ship to the states.

Oussebon

Multiverse Poster
I'm going to assume MrGlitch is UK-based as they gave the cost in £ with the $ in brackets, though if I'm wrong I guess typing the below is a waste of time since the OP wouldn't be able to order from this site anyway if they're in the USA :)

A few questions if I may?

Editing - do you mean video editing? Or editing as in some kind of publishing/document related work? or photos? The kind of CPU that one might recommend for the various things can vary
What exact software do you use for this editing? (e.g. if it were video editing - Adobe Premiere Elements, Adobe CS, Sony Vegas Pro?)

Gaming - what kinds of games?
And is it more for editing, more for gaming, 50-50 balance?

What do you need from Microsoft Office? I'm asking for 2 related reasons. 1) Microsoft Office is a significant expense and would represent a large proportion of your budget. 2) There are different kinds of Microsoft Office products, such as Home and Student (Word + Excel + Powerpoint + OneNote) and Home and Business (same + Outlook) and Professional (including the previous + Access + Publisher).
Which one you need will have a very big impact on the PC you end up with as some of those cost £289. If you don't have need Microsoft Office for very specific reasons (e.g. you want Outlook because you need to connect to MS Exchange), you may be better advised to consider OpenOffice, which is a fully functional office suite that is free (and open source). It is quite capable of producing documents in regular MS Office formats (e.g. .doc).

Last edited: