Defiance III dual NVMe or no?

rav007

Enthusiast
Defiance III only lets you put one NVMe in the first slot. But I got a closeup of the 15.6" GTX 1060 version here: http://pile.gaminglaptopsjunky.com/...9/EVOC-Clevo-P650RP6-G-motherboard.jpg?x98114

The one slot that is occupied has the basic M.2 SSD in there which is evident from the 2 notches where the pins are. Obviously NVMe cards only have 1 notch which is common to the M.2 SSD card hence they can both occupy the M.2 NVMe slot but only the M.2 SSD can occupy a dedicated M.2 slot (if one exists?). Point is having 2 NVMes' isn't an option in the configurator, do you think it is possible based on the 2 slots there? Both are the same, both should be able to host NVMe from the looks of it. I'm considering an NVMe raid setup.

Lez501

Gold Level Poster
While they look identical, the connection technology is different. The main M.2 slot (where the drive is shown) is a PCIe slot, and therefore capable of utilising fast NVMe drives. The secondary slot can only accommodate SATA based M.2 drives (therefore limited to SATA SSD speeds), so I doubt if an NVMe drive would work.