Corsair iCue Quiet Profile Settings

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
Hi all,

My new build arrived yesterday, safe to say I'm delighted with the overall aesthetics and cable management is very good.

Fan profiles are set to quiet in iCue, however I can hear the fans ramping up as soon as I'm starting a game. I've only had a few moments to take a look at Call of Duty Cold War, Dirt 5 and Watchdogs Legion (mainly to find out FPS of this beast), but it sounds like it wants to take off! CPU temps hovering between 40's to early 50's at idle. The fan profile is set to monitor the coolant temps, rather than CPU. All work related tasks are nice and quiet, but gaming is another issue entirely.

Does anyone have any fan profiles that can be shared that are suitable for the 5950x? I'm weary of going custom, as I'm not familiar with ideal temps for either CPU or GPU (I've been out of the PC space for a few years, so I'm not up to speed with more recent gen hardware).

Another option I'm happy to explore, which probably sounds a little unusual, is paying for quick hour of consultancy time to help with bespoke configuration.

Thanks

Spec below

CaseCORSAIR iCUE 5000X RGB MID TOWER GAMING CASE
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: CORSAIR OBSIDIAN SERIES™ 500D SE CASE
Processor (CPU)AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16 Core CPU (3.4GHz-4.9GHz/72MB CACHE/AM4)
MotherboardASUS® ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0) - ARGB Ready!
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ASUS® CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (DDR4, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX/SLI) - RGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)64GB Corsair VENGEANCE RGB PRO DDR4 3200MHz (4 x 16GB)
Graphics Card24GB ASUS ROG STRIX GEFORCE RTX 3090 - HDMI, DP
1st Storage DriveNOT REQUIRED
1st M.2 SSD Drive2TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 7000MB/R, 5000MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY DriveNOT REQUIRED
Power SupplyCORSAIR 1000W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor CoolingCorsair H115i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal PasteSTANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
down_right_arrow.gif
Change to: ARCTIC MX-4 EXTREME THERMAL CONDUCTIVITY COMPOUND

melocolic

I've got a very similar system to yours (although 5900x/6800XT/H100i) and had the same issues when I started. It's very easy to do your own profiles. I use HWinfo to log temperatures, then manually adjust the fan curves in iCue. In simple terms I have the pump balanced, and the fans on this part normally around 1000, rising to 1400 under load. This keeps temps around 30C. I link other fans to the GPU, and normally keep the GPU temp to a max of around 70C even at 4K high/ultra settings in most games. It will make a big difference to your "out of the box" noise once you do your own curves.

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
That’s really helpful, thanks.

Currently I have a bit of buyers remorse, my series x has very capable graphics and is whisper quiet 🤣🤣

D

Deleted member 17413

You want to set custom profiles, the ones iCue does arent amazing and also arent really attuned to the way AMD temps hop about so much.
I would set your own fan curves for your front intake, cooler fans and rear extract (if you bought one for it)

I use the thermal probe that came with the commander pro and positioned them where i wanted them in the case, Front case fans and added a rear extract that are all curves based on case temps from the probes, Cooler pump head on balanced and the cooler fans on a curve based of pump temps. Fans dont go over 50% unless case is more than 30C inside, and it sits around 26C/27C with the cpu happily running around the 35C mark average, 60C something under load and about 75% rpm so not hugely noisey either (rough figures)

Last edited by a moderator:

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
AIO Cooler (ML120)

Front Intake (LL120)

Rear Extract (ML120)
They're not far off what I've got for mine (albeit in a 220T case and a lesser 5800x/3070 combo) - although the loudest thing in my office is the Noctua fan on the 4-bay Thunderbolt enclosure - and I've set mine to ramp up a little slower.

(only switched the PC on to take these screenshots)

AIO 2 x ML120
AIO.PNG

Front 3 x SP120
Front.PNG

Rear SP120
Rear.PNG

Last edited:

mossmotorsport

Bronze Level Poster
Thanks Tony really appreciate that. I'll have a look at both of your fan curve profiles and take a closer look at my current configuration.

I did purchase and install an additional LL120 fan for the exhaust too.