Corsair Carbide Air 540

ThatButton

It's a bit of an odd looking case but the idea behind it is great. Making sure that the components that need cooling the most aren't restricted by other components sounds like a great idea. Any opinions?

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Piccies :)

Reading description now :)

air540_hero_down.png

detail_air540_top_radiator.png

Shaktimus

Bronze Level Poster

tom_gr7

Life Serving
lack of no dust filters and no fan intakes on the bottom is a deal breaker for me... you would have to get some magnetic filters to whack on the bottom, but that wouldn't stop all the dust.

I like the idea though, but I'd prefer it to be taller and keep the PSU at the bottom, (like a normal case) but with the ability to mount drives behind the mobo tray like this case.
it would be good for liquid cooling units though, and I really like the window!

nathanjrb

Prolific Poster
lack of no dust filters and no fan intakes on the bottom is a deal breaker for me... you would have to get some magnetic filters to whack on the bottom, but that wouldn't stop all the dust.

I like the idea though, but I'd prefer it to be taller and keep the PSU at the bottom, (like a normal case) but with the ability to mount drives behind the mobo tray like this case.
it would be good for liquid cooling units though, and I really like the window!

If you watch the YouTube video there is a magnetic fan filter on the front already.

I actually quite like the case, but it would be totally impractical for the space beneath my desk, which is cramped enough as it is. I'm guessing there is a vent in the side by the PSU too. Not sure if there's a dust filter there though.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
If you watch the YouTube video there is a magnetic fan filter on the front already.

yeah, not a bad video. I always find Linus's sponsored video's are a little one sided though.. haha

But yeah the filters on the front look good, but there isn't a dust filter on the bottom. Which is a shame considering the rest of the case looks pretty good. You could actually mount two mechanical hard drives, in the drive bays in the rear compartment though. Then If corsair included 240mm/280mm mounts in the bottom that would be fantastic for watercooling/liquid cooling units.

Shaktimus

Bronze Level Poster
could you not make your amendments on it to prevent the dust going in from the bottom?

Surely Corsair would be aware of the fault? or maybe its not much of a deal? I think the case is raised a bit. Besides I wont be putting it on the ground, it will be on my clean desk.

tom_gr7

Life Serving
could you not make your amendments on it to prevent the dust going in from the bottom?

Surely Corsair would be aware of the fault? or maybe its not much of a deal? I think the case is raised a bit. Besides I wont be putting it on the ground, it will be on my clean desk.

you could add some magnetic filters, but i find that one layer of filters often isn't very effective. If you look at the case, there are large openings without any sort of grills.

i'm not saying that you shouldnt go for it mate, just that i'm very picky.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Anyone that wants one could always buy it and talk to PCS about sending it in for them to use in build...in the meantime anyway :)

Shaktimus

Bronze Level Poster
Just to let you guys know that this case is out in the UK.
Amazon are selling it,
Scan are selling it and Overclockers are selling it.

I have been waiting for this, any ETA when you guys are getting it so I can make my order.

I know I can send in the case but that is just extra hassle. I rather get it all from you guys.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Shaktimus

Bronze Level Poster
PCS do you not want my money?

All your contenders are selling the case.

I don't want to buy a case from somewhere else and send it to you and be told the case is damaged etc etc don't want to chance that nonsense.

So will get the full set from you.

I am going to a computer fair tomorrow near goodge street station and see if I can get one the people there to set it up for me if I buy the whole lot from them.

keynes

Multiverse Poster
PCS do you not want my money?

All your contenders are selling the case.

I don't want to buy a case from somewhere else and send it to you and be told the case is damaged etc etc don't want to chance that nonsense.

So will get the full set from you.

I am going to a computer fair tomorrow near goodge street station and see if I can get one the people there to set it up for me if I buy the whole lot from them.

Give them a call and see what they can do for you.

Shaktimus

Bronze Level Poster
I did on August 14th. Day after release.

Spoke to the dude told him that other retailers have stocked it already.

He said they have received a sample of it and will stock it and will update me on the forum of when they will as I told him my username.

Almost 10 days now and no reply.

EDIT: will see how things go tomorrow at the computer fair. I have seen reviews for other online retailers and none of them have good RMA except for amazon and PCS.

Last edited:

patmcg205

Bronze Level Poster
That's a seriously cool looking case, I love the minimal but unusual look. Let us know if it's going to be stocked any time soon.