Corsair 750W TXm making silent high pitched noises

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
I received my pc around 4 months ago and only recently realised that I could hear a silient high pitch like noise coming from the PSU after I would shut down my pc. When I turn off the power supply I can no longer hear the noise, I am still unsure whether this issue has been around for longer than I have realised. I remembered I had previously heard a noise when I had problems turning off my motherboard LED's whilst pc was shutdown but I had solved that issue a couple weeks ago. My main questions are; is my pc safe to use still, does it require a new/replacement PSU, and/or are the any fixes to my issue.

Any help is appreciated

Citrus_9

Expert
I received my pc around 4 months ago and only recently realised that I could hear a silient high pitch like noise coming from the PSU after I would shut down my pc. When I turn off the power supply I can no longer hear the noise, I am still unsure whether this issue has been around for longer than I have realised. I remembered I had previously heard a noise when I had problems turning off my motherboard LED's whilst pc was shutdown but I had solved that issue a couple weeks ago. My main questions are; is my pc safe to use still, does it require a new/replacement PSU, and/or are the any fixes to my issue.

Any help is appreciated
We need your specs from your order page as it's explained in the sticky before posting a technical query. Once we know what kind of beast (overall the machine, not just a PSU) we're dealing with, we'll most likely be ready to help 😉

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
We need your specs from your order page as it's explained in the sticky before posting a technical query. Once we know what kind of beast we're dealing with, we'll most likely be ready to help 😉

Firstly, I will need to find the order page in the morning as it is not under my account, secondly where can I find the order details for when I am able to access the account the pc was purchased under?

Citrus_9

Expert
Firstly, I will need to find the order page in the morning as it is not under my account, secondly where can I find the order details for when I am able to access the account the pc was purchased under?
If a PC purchased directly from PCS website, not another supplier, you'd need to contact to PCS Customer Support directly to gain access to the online account. If it's purchased from somewhere else but is still a PCS build, then you'd need to register the PC with PCS through PCS Customer Support. Or try to check the invoice with the specs in the email inbox (if purchased directly from PCS).

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
If a PC purchased directly from PCS website, not another supplier, you'd need to contact to PCS Customer Support directly to gain access to the online account. If it's purchased from somewhere else but is still a PCS build, then you'd need to register the PC with PCS through PCS Customer Support. Or try to check the invoice with the specs in the email inbox (if purchased directly from PCS).
i have attached a pdf with the PC Specifications, i could not forward it through to the forum as it was not on my account so i emailed and saved it.

Attachments

• PCspecList.pdf
    134.8 KB · Views: 473

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
UPDATE, when I remove the ethernet cable the noise seems to be reduced, to a very low buzzing sound which I would assume is a normal noise, when I plug the ethernet cable back in the noise is present again. Is there any settings to stop the ethernet cable from drawing power whilst my pc is Shut down?

The psu still seems to be making a slight buzzing noise im unsure whether it is normal or not. Tried draining pc of power to see if that could solve the issue but noise is still present when shutdown again. Unless ethernet cable is unplugged

Last edited:

Citrus_9

Expert
UPDATE, when I remove the ethernet cable the noise seems to be reduced, to a very low buzzing sound which I would assume is a normal noise, when I plug the ethernet cable back in the noise is present again. Is there any settings to stop the ethernet cable from drawing power whilst my pc is Shut down?

The psu still seems to be making a slight buzzing noise im unsure whether it is normal or not. Tried draining pc of power to see if that could solve the issue but noise is still present when shutdown again. Unless ethernet cable is unplugged
Does it sound like in these videos?

If yes, then it's just coil whine. It can also be from a GPU. This is not a sign of failure nor cause for concern. Some people experience higher sounds from PSU when something is plugged in a usb when a PC is off.

Aidanr

Bronze Level Poster
Does it sound like in these videos?

If yes, then it's just coil whine. It can also be from a GPU. This is not a sign of failure nor cause for concern. Some people experience higher sounds from PSU when something is plugged in a usb when a PC is off.
Yeah that is very similar to the sound I can hear, I am pretty sure my ethernet cable is causing the more high pitch noise (video 2) as when I remove it from the port it stops screeching. Then when the cable is removed psu makes a noise more like the first video