computer desk question and monitor

leea12345

Gold Level Poster
Hi all im moving my pc upstairs and am looking for a nice corner pc desk and a monitor or tv to go with it, Was just wondering if I would be better to get a desk without a keyboard pull out draw as im thinking it may be a little difficult when gaming, or does it not make any difference in location of keyboard I mean in comfort as in is it more comfort to sit and play with mouse and keyboard on same surface and level or not , also am quiet happy with my 1080p 60 fps quality, so would I just be able to buy say a 32" tv for desk instead of buying a monitor as I don't want anything less than 32". thanks for your time

mantadog

Superhero Level Poster
I don't know how many people round here you will find recommending a TV as a gaming monitor. Generally monitors look much better close up than a TV, if your going for a 32" model you might be shocked by how bad the picture looks, especially close up. For example a 24" monitor has a much higher pixel density than a 32" TV will, that gives you a much better experience when sitting close up to it as you do when gaming. If possible id be looking at a higher than 1080p resolution if your going for a 32" display, but that will hit your FPS and your wallet.

As far as the desk goes, personal preference. I have a pull out keyboard tray on my desk, but it has a dropped down bit on the side for the mouse. So they do exist, might be worth checking out some 'in the flesh' before you buy.