Compatability problems with Firefox 4 BETA

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
Its impossible to login along with other tasks on the forum using the firefox 4 beta version (not sure if its the same with 3.6) but yeah having to use IE for now just thought i'd let you know.
logging in gives this error:
The page that you have requested could not be found. Please check the following:

1. You have typed in the address correctly.

2. You are not trying to access an old page from your favourites or search engine cache.

3. You have typed the correct file extension, for example .jpg or .html.

pengipete

Rising Star
I've just downloaded FF4 Beta 11 - in fact, I'm using it to write this post. No problems logging in or anything else so far.

I know that earlier 4 Beta versions (prior to release 11) had problems with various forum hosting including Wordpress and vBulletin but 11 seems okay. Don't know about Vbulletin but a Wordpress rep said that they "don't chase Betas" and recommended using a stable version if there were issues.

I've had no problems with FF3.6.

For what it's worth FF4 (even as a Beta) is fast - really fast.

Tom DWC

Well it is a :beta: so a lack of support is to be expected. It should be sorted by time of the final release.

pengipete

Rising Star
I should have thought about it last night but neewhom can submit a report to Mozilla - there's a shortcut button built-in to the Beta for that purpose so it's a doddle.