cc.exe is blocked from accessing graphics hardware.

johnij

A few days ago i received my Octane VI (9900K, RTX2070, etc.) ... It is a beast and scores insanely high in 3DMark stock out of the box.

Firestrike -> 18758 -> http://www.3dmark.com/fs/19449635
Timespy -> 8247 -> http://www.3dmark.com/spy/7303146
Cinebench R15 -> 1975

Now i want to tinker just a little bit because it can do more than that but windows says cc.exe is blocked from accessing graphics hardware.
The latest (at the time of writing) Nvidia drivers are installed namely 430.86 (release date 05/27/2019). I have uninstalled the drivers, rebooted
and then installed them again but the same thing pops up over and over again. :/ I have not tried rolling back to the previous one but maybe
thats something i should try? Out of the box i first updated Windows, drivers and whatnot and then i installed Control Center.

So the Control Center (2.0 v1.0.76) executable cc.exe is denied to do whatever it wants to do. I don't want to touch ANY of the settings
in the Control Center because i don't know what it'll do IF i tinker with it??? Normally i use Afterburner but Core voltage, Power Limit and
Temp limit are locked even tho afterburner is set to have them unlocked. I also tried looking up solutions for that but also those didn't work.
Why is Windows 10 holding back cc.exe and shouldn't Afterburner do what is normally does even tho the Control Center is installed or is
it a BIOS thing? There also nothing on the laptop yet except 3DMark, Steam, Afterburner and some other common tools, no exotic software
or whatever. It's as virgin as it can be, well at the moment it still is ;)

Also, what is SynTP_00? It's something from Synaptic but Windows says it doesn't know anything about it, not what is is, where it is from
what driver it uses and so on... (sorry for the images being in Dutch)

Attachments

• SynTP_00 - 01.jpg
    SynTP_00 - 01.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 539
  • SynTP_00 - 02.jpg
    SynTP_00 - 02.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 585

debiruman665

Enthusiast
I needed to have xtu installed to have clevo control to be able to control the cpu multipliers

your cinebench score is much better than anything I've been able to acheive with a lot of tinkering. You musta won the silicon lottery