Buzzing PSU

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
Hi everybody, new to the forums.

I started PC gaming a little under four months ago now and have never looked back. I've very recently came across a strange noise coming from the PSU (CORSAIR 650W CS SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD) that I can only describe as a low buzzing noise that's louder than all the other fans combined. I only have Chrome open at the moment and it's doing my head in. My question is a two-parter, have anybody else came across this? Also, I've done what research I could and a lot of people are saying I should RMA, any thoughts?

I'd love to get it swapped but if I'm swapping it for the same make and model, couldn't the same issue occur?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

jerpers

Master
There have been some issues with that PSU by some people. If you try flipping the PSU over it has solved the problem for others.

NoverianSnowCone

Bronze Level Poster
I couldn't flip it with the cables being tightly managed, but I did manage to get it on its side and gave it a quick spray with air can. I don't think I did anything really but I screwed it back in tight and the noise has stopped (for now).
Do you think a larger PSU, where it'd have more overhead would help? With it being less strain.

jerpers

Master
Woth the corsair PSU's, the fan does not come on until it is under 40% load. The larger the PSU, the longer it will stay off completely. The extra overhead always helps.