BullGuard

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
Since BullGuard seems to be causing everyone lots of problems on their PC, why doesnt PCS choose to remove the option of it off their site? Do they not see the complaints from their customers because of it, or is BullGuard actually good?

I'd guess they have a contract with them/getting paid to have the trial pre-installed on every machine. Can't turn down business when given the prices PCS charge, margins are probably tiny to begin with.

I suspect Bullguard on the whole doesn't cause too many issues for majority of users that they are aware of, but experience on the forums when issues have arose have found bullguard the cause of it. No different to most AV software.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Since BullGuard seems to be causing everyone lots of problems on their PC, why doesnt PCS choose to remove the option of it off their site? Do they not see the complaints from their customers because of it, or is BullGuard actually good?
I don't know of anyone that's actually complained of it. We just always advise against it as it's an unnecessary expense and performs worse than windows defender.

i_Ary

Gold Level Poster
I don't know of anyone that's actually complained of it. We just always advise against it as it's an unnecessary expense and performs worse than windows defender.
I saw someone on the forums complain that their games were 20-30 fps lower with it installed on warzone, and once it was uninstalled they were back up at 60 fps gameplay with ease.
Thats what really made me think that bullguard is kind of just a ripoff and unnecessary for a machine to have.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I saw someone on the forums complain that their games were 20-30 fps lower with it installed on warzone, and once it was uninstalled they were back up at 60 fps gameplay with ease.
Thats what really made me think that bullguard is kind of just a ripoff and unnecessary for a machine to have.
Same as most paid for AV, they’re all unnecessary and impact performance.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I had a problem caused by it, and there was a post on here the other day where bullguard was the cause of a fault