Build/Spec Suggestions? £800/€1000

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
I am looking to build a family desktop for all round basic uses, with a budget of around €1000 (including monitor)

The system must include the following things:

- I'm wanting a fast booting, so an SSD is a must have.
- minimum 2TB HD.
- Large monitor screen! 23" minimum.
- best possible connectivity (usb 3, hdmi etc)

Also, would it be better/cheaper to do a self build?

Thanks in advance for your responses! :)

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
I assume no gaming is required, you can get it for less than £800 if it is just for basic applications.

your right, no gaming! although, i want it to be a strong multimedia set up. sound card and tv card included.

would you suggest a self build for better value? if so, where would you suggest i purchase parts from? and could recommend a build please.

thank you.

Last edited:

keynes

Multiverse Poster
I wouldn't unless you are comfortable with building it yourself and you do not require the peace of mind in case there are faults in place. The forums belong to PCS so I can't comment on competitors's site but google should help you.

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
I wouldn't unless you are comfortable with building it yourself and you do not require the peace of mind in case there are faults in place. The forums belong to PCS so I can't comment on competitors's site but google should help you.

of course, well, thanks for your reply anyway.

i think i could probably do my own build, and i can always get help if i need it. it not too technical ,is it> just got to make sure all the fit and are compatible with each other, right? anyway, i'll have a go and post the details of my spec when i get chance

thank you (rep added) :)

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
It's not encouraged to give advice on these forums about building your own PC,after all these are PCS forums and they're in the business of selling custom built PC's.
I doubt if it would be all that much cheaper anyway,plus buying from PCS you'll have the peace of mind with a warranty and their excellent customer support.

ArcticMonkey

Bronze Level Poster
It's not encouraged to give advice on these forums about building your own PC,after all these are PCS forums and they're in the business of selling custom built PC's.
I doubt if it would be all that much cheaper anyway,plus buying from PCS you'll have the peace of mind with a warranty and their excellent customer support.

do you work for PCS bro! haha

Rakk

The Awesome
would anyone like to compile some specs for me? (not necessarily with parts from this site)

Please note that speccing out machines with parts not from PCS are not allowed on these forums since these forums belong to PCS and are really for talking about machines from PCS.

Edit: as Vanthus said if you want to build your own, Google is your friend and there are sites out there to help

Last edited: