BSOD when playing games.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hi. Was wondering if anyone could help/give me advice. When am trying to play games i keep getting BSOD. But i cant see what the error code is as it dont stop on long enough. The last part i only catch is DIED.
I have done a fresh install of windows 11.
I phoned PCS up yesterday about. they told me its down to my GPU
I have uninstalled. GPU Drivers in safe mode using DDU. reinstalled. Still having issues.
I Have rolled back the drivers to previous. Still having issues.
I have tried nearly everything

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
If PCS say it's the GPU, they they may be saying the GPU is faulty...not the software.

If so, you'd have to RMA it (if under warranty) or swap out the GPU yourself if not.

But if you post some more info on here (such as your full config from your account), then you may get one of the more technical helpers to comment.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
If PCS say it's the GPU, they they may be saying the GPU is faulty...not the software.

If so, you'd have to RMA it (if under warranty) or swap out the GPU yourself if not.

But if you post some more info on here (such as your full config from your account), then you may get one of the more technical helpers to comment.
Been on phone to them again. Done more tests. They said its gpu faulty. And out of warranty so need to purchase another gpu.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
A couple of things....

1. The only BSOD stop code ending in DIED is 0xEF - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. As the name suggests, it happens when a critical Windows process stops working. The cause is almost always a hardware failure, and whilst it being the GPU is not impossible that's a big leap for PCS to make. Typically this is a RAM problem so running a RAM test would be useful at this point...
  1. Download Memtest86 (free), use the imageUSB.exe tool extracted from the download to make a bootable USB drive containing Memtest86 (1GB is plenty big enough). Do this on a different PC if you can, because you can't fully trust yours at the moment.
  2. Then boot that USB drive on your PC, Memtest86 will start running as soon as it boots.
  3. If no errors have been found after the four iterations of the 13 different tests that the free version does, then restart Memtest86 and do another four iterations. Even a single bit error is a failure.
2. Please download and run the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp, it will produce a single zip file (SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip), please upload that zip file to a cloud service with a (public) link to it here. This tool does not collect any personally identifying information, it's perfectly safe, and is used by a number of highly respected Windows help fora (Sysnative and BleepingComputer to name two). If you want to know what the files in the zip files contain then full details are here.

I'll take a look at that output and I should be able to be more specific about what may be failing.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
A couple of things....

1. The only BSOD stop code ending in DIED is 0xEF - CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. As the name suggests, it happens when a critical Windows process stops working. The cause is almost always a hardware failure, and whilst it being the GPU is not impossible that's a big leap for PCS to make. Typically this is a RAM problem so running a RAM test would be useful at this point...
  1. Download Memtest86 (free), use the imageUSB.exe tool extracted from the download to make a bootable USB drive containing Memtest86 (1GB is plenty big enough). Do this on a different PC if you can, because you can't fully trust yours at the moment.
  2. Then boot that USB drive on your PC, Memtest86 will start running as soon as it boots.
  3. If no errors have been found after the four iterations of the 13 different tests that the free version does, then restart Memtest86 and do another four iterations. Even a single bit error is a failure.
2. Please download and run the SysnativeBSODCollectionApp, it will produce a single zip file (SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip), please upload that zip file to a cloud service with a (public) link to it here. This tool does not collect any personally identifying information, it's perfectly safe, and is used by a number of highly respected Windows help fora (Sysnative and BleepingComputer to name two). If you want to know what the files in the zip files contain then full details are here.

I'll take a look at that output and I should be able to be more specific about what may be failing.
Thanks for information I will look into that sometime today as I had to go out and will forward it all on

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Could you please confirm if I am doing the memtest correctly thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302_150806_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20240302_150806_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 49

carlos726811

Bright Spark
If it was anything serious would I get bsod all time. Reason being. I can load game up. Within 10min I get bsod. PC powers off. I reload PC and load game up and can stay on for well over 6 hours. Then sometime It won't bother going off. I got told by pcs to do a clean install of windows again which I done.. I installed my wave 3 software. Loaded game up and crashed bsod. So now still running memtest

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That looks fine, just let it run until its done all four iterations of the 13 different tests and then restart Memtest - so you end up doing 8 iterations.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Its a strange situation lol.
Got BSOD again this morning. just saw a error code Kernal now. lol. its been fine since.
Noticed a cycle. every morning when i load game up. i can play for about 1hour or so get BSOD, then its fine for rest of day.
Done another fresh install.. Got all latest drivers. will just need to wait for @ubuysa to take a look at log. Hopefully can sort out. If not will RMA and try get it solved.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
There were no dumps included in that upload and yet you are talking about BSODs. The System log only covers two days and there were no BSODs logged in there, although there were two crashes logged - or at least two occasions when Windows wasn't shut down properly.

I suspect I know what your problem may be, but first we need to get you writing dump files, because without dumps we can't prove anything. Please ensure that ALL of the following are true...
  • The page file must be on the same drive as your operating system
  • Set page file to "system managed for all drives"
  • Set system crash/recovery options to "Automatic memory dump"
  • Windows Error Reporting (WER) system service should be set to MANUAL
  • User account control must be running
In addition, the following can also prevent you seeing dumps...
  • SSD drives with older firmware do not create dumps (update the drive firmware)
  • Cleaner applications like Ccleaner and Windows Disk Cleanup delete dump files, so don't run them until you are fixed
  • Bad RAM may prevent the data from being saved and written to a file on reboot, so if all else fails test your RAM.
FWIW I see no evidence of a RAM problem so you can probably ignore that last comment.

You complain of BSODs during gameplay, and in the absence of any other information I took a look through your installed drivers liust. Lo and behold there is an old and well-known cause of BSODs....
Code:
Module Name:       BEDaisy
Display Name:      BEDaisy
Driver Type:       Kernel
Link Date:         26/02/2024 22:35:34
This is a driver for the BattleEye anti-cheat system. All of the anti-cheat tools cause BSODs quite often on a wide range of systems and BEDaisy.sys is no exception. We see it quite often. If we had dumps I could prove it but experience tells me that this is the most likely cause of your BSODs. The version you have looks recent, but if you must run BattleEye then look for an updated version or contact BattleEye support for assistance (they will want to see dumps as well I suspect). If there is any way you can game without BattleEye installed then please uninstall it.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
There were no dumps included in that upload and yet you are talking about BSODs. The System log only covers two days and there were no BSODs logged in there, although there were two crashes logged - or at least two occasions when Windows wasn't shut down properly.

I suspect I know what your problem may be, but first we need to get you writing dump files, because without dumps we can't prove anything. Please ensure that ALL of the following are true...
  • The page file must be on the same drive as your operating system
  • Set page file to "system managed for all drives"
  • Set system crash/recovery options to "Automatic memory dump"
  • Windows Error Reporting (WER) system service should be set to MANUAL
  • User account control must be running
In addition, the following can also prevent you seeing dumps...
  • SSD drives with older firmware do not create dumps (update the drive firmware)
  • Cleaner applications like Ccleaner and Windows Disk Cleanup delete dump files, so don't run them until you are fixed
  • Bad RAM may prevent the data from being saved and written to a file on reboot, so if all else fails test your RAM.
FWIW I see no evidence of a RAM problem so you can probably ignore that last comment.

You complain of BSODs during gameplay, and in the absence of any other information I took a look through your installed drivers liust. Lo and behold there is an old and well-known cause of BSODs....
Code:
Module Name:       BEDaisy
Display Name:      BEDaisy
Driver Type:       Kernel
Link Date:         26/02/2024 22:35:34
This is a driver for the BattleEye anti-cheat system. All of the anti-cheat tools cause BSODs quite often on a wide range of systems and BEDaisy.sys is no exception. We see it quite often. If we had dumps I could prove it but experience tells me that this is the most likely cause of your BSODs. The version you have looks recent, but if you must run BattleEye then look for an updated version or contact BattleEye support for assistance (they will want to see dumps as well I suspect). If there is any way you can game without BattleEye installed then please uninstall it.
It happend again 5 times and got critical process died. Can't uninstall battle eye as I need that installed to play destiny 2. If that not installed. I won't let me load game up

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
It happend again 5 times and got critical process died. Can't uninstall battle eye as I need that installed to play destiny 2. If that not installed. I won't let me load game up

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
When i got told it was my GPU at fault when i phoned company up. I was about to go out and buy new GPU.. So glad i didn't now lol
Not one of come across before and destiny 2 is a pretty popular game, so very good to know.

I see that most Ubisoft titles use this anti cheat too. And PubG I think

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Hi guys. Just when i thought things was going well. Over 5hours gaming and had no issues. then blue screen.
your device ran into a problem
Stop Code. Unexpected_store_exception.
I tried looking in local disc c. Windows. But no minidumps Folder.