Brand new computer keeps crashing

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Yes, primary is your M2 drive.

The chipset drivers are for the motherboard. If it's ASUS, they will be on the ASUS website :)

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Brill, thanks!
and just to check - i wont need to purchase windows again, will I??

No. If you have registered an account and linked Windows it will immediately activate as soon as you log in.

Even without the login it's likely the "imprint" of your system is already registered on the M$ servers and will automatically activate as soon as it's confirmed.

thomor

Bronze Level Poster
Memtest does create two partitions on your USB stick (on UEFI systems at least) and you boot partition 1. Clearly something has gone awry with writing the Memtest image to the USB stick.

The ideal would be to use a different USB stick, just in case it's a problem with the one you used.
When you ran the imageUSB.exe file you selected your USB stick and clicked the Write button. Yes? You didn't click any other radio buttons or checkboxes?

If you have to reuse the same USB stick then I'd suggest you do the following:

1. Insert your USB stick.
2. Run imageUSB.exe again.
3. This time, click the radio button for 'Zero USB drive' and then click the Zero button. (This will write binary zeros on the entire drive and may take some time).
4. Click the 'Refresh Drives' button.
4. Click the 'Write image to USB drive' radio button and then click the Write button to write the Memtest image to the drive again.

Reboot and select partition 1 on your USB drive. If that still won't boot you'll definitely need to use a different USB drive.

FWIW I just tried that entire process on a USB stick here and I was able to boot Memtest (partition 1) with no problem.

That's frustrating, I only clicked write image to usb, that's all, didn't change anything else. I'll reinstall and give it another go tonight, but this is the only USB stick I have and it's literally brand new as of last week. Seems like everything i receive is faulty.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That's frustrating, I only clicked write image to usb, that's all, didn't change anything else. I'll reinstall and give it another go tonight, but this is the only USB stick I have and it's literally brand new as of last week. Seems like everything i receive is faulty.
It would be better if you were able to write the Memtest image on another PC. it's not impossible that whatever is wrong with your PCS PC is causing problems writing the image to the USB stick....

Via Tapatalk

thomor

Bronze Level Poster
It would be better if you were able to write the Memtest image on another PC. it's not impossible that whatever is wrong with your PCS PC is causing problems writing the image to the USB stick....

Via Tapatalk

I'll see if I can boot up the old mothball that's been sitting in storage for the last year. Don't have access to any other than this PCS one and my old one atm.

If it doesn't work tonight I think I'll just go ahead with the RMA. All this troubleshooting is too much for my tiny brain, seems like everything that should be simple isn't in my case.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I'll see if I can boot up the old mothball that's been sitting in storage for the last year. Don't have access to any other than this PCS one and my old one atm.
The old one should be fine. Writing that image doesn't require anything special. [emoji846]

Via Tapatalk

jamesGF

Bronze Level Poster
1593199828386.png

1593199850137.png
1593199828386.png1593199850137.png

This is beyond a joke now

Full clean windows install and it bsods on first use

Can't bare to think about the amount of work hours I've wasted on trying to get this brand new machine to work

Don't know what to do anymore

@thomor how are you getting on???

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Have you clicked "check for updates"? You need to keep doing that until it comes back a few times without any further ones.

jamesGF

Bronze Level Poster
I'll go ahead and download all of these:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'll go ahead and download all of these:

You need to do windows update first, that should install all drivers. Only if there are unknown devices afterwards should you manually install any drivers.