Blue Screens and Flashing Displays

SemoB

Hi,

So I've recently been having these issues with my Defiance II machine. It's basically a graphics issue of some sort. I get a lot of blue screens with the "VIDEO_SCHEDULER_INTERNAL_ERROR", almost once every two days or even more frequently, and 1 out of 5 times I get a flashing white screen upon waking up the machine. I've tried clean-uninstalling both GPU drivers and reinstalling, and the issue persists. I don't know what to do.

I have a GeForce GTX 970M and an Intel Graphics 530 (at least according to my Device Manager) and I run Windows 10, 64-bit.

Any input is appreciated. I'm getting quite tired of it.

Last edited:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
That's an unusual and uncommon BSOD to get, I've certainly never seen it. As far as I can ascertain it's most likely a GPU hardware error. I would call PCS (don't email) and discuss this with them. You might need a RMA.

lifeguardsm

I'm not an expert but it could be the DirectX - what windows are you running and what version of DirectX are you running to?

Tony1044

Prolific Poster
Drivers up to date? Has it had the anniversary (Windows 10 build 1607) update? If so, did it occur prior to it?

Does it happen regardless of which GPU is running (i.e. if you fired up a game does it occur?)

Personally, I would start with drivers. But failing that, it could be a hardware failure.

SemoB

I personally think it might be the Intel hardware. It rarely (if ever) happens in games, usually while browsing the Internet or doing something on desktop. I've rolled back drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled, but it didn't work. Is there a way to disable the Intel GPU? I hate it. I tried looking at something in BIOS but no luck. How can I disable it?