B450 or B550 motherboard?

Olayaolu

I recently ordered a new build which includes a b550 with a 5600x CPU. Online I have been seeing a lot of threads that the motherboard has had issues such as USB disconnecting and random restarts and BSODs. On the one hand I do want the B550 because it might have more room for future upgrades but at the same time I am worried that I may receive my build and have the same issues as others are having. The wait time for builds is already long enough and the last thing I want is to receive my build and it to have issues like this! 😵

What do you guys think I should do?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I'd be going upwards not downwards if it was me....whilst the B450 is a decent board (I have one with my 3600), the 5000 Series CPU support was an afterthought so you are more likely to run into issues. If it was me, I'd just go with the 570 board but that is more expensive though.

I don't recall seeing many complaints about the B550 and 5000 CPUs on here...but maybe I just haven't noticed
There is an issue been found on B550 and X570 boards but only with the USB2 controller which leads to random disconnects on occasion. AMD are aware and actively looking at an update.

Really though, there’s very little that still requires a usb 2 controller other than Original VR headsets for the camera.

Any other device if you do face the issue, just plug it into a usb 3 port.

Strongly advise NOT to go B450, it’s outdated now quite substantially especially as X670 is about to be released. You’d be 2 generations behind, worse driver support, lesser features and sub standard VRMs

Olayaolu

There is an issue been found on B550 and X570 boards but only with the USB2 controller which leads to random disconnects on occasion. AMD are aware and actively looking at an update.

Really though, there’s very little that still requires a usb 2 controller other than Original VR headsets for the camera.

Any other device if you do face the issue, just plug it into a usb 3 port.

Strongly advise NOT to go B450, it’s outdated now quite substantially especially as X670 is about to be released. You’d be 2 generations behind, worse driver support, lesser features and sub standard VRMs
Thank you for the information, I was planning to stick with the B550 as it seems to only have issues with USB2. The thing that worries me the most is the many threads I’ve seen about BSODs 🤔

I will likely stick with the B550 I guess I just have to hope and pray that my board doesn’t run into the same issues others have been having!

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Thank you for the information, I was planning to stick with the B550 as it seems to only have issues with USB2. The thing that worries me the most is the many threads I’ve seen about BSODs 🤔

I will likely stick with the B550 I guess I just have to hope and pray that my board doesn’t run into the same issues others have been having!
Again, it only affects usb 2 ports which nothing supports nowadays anyway, so you wouldn’t be using them.