Awaiting dispatch to dispatch time?

rav007

Enthusiast
Laptop is awaiting dispatch since 7:48am this morning, it is day 2 of the 3 day fast track. Anyone know the odds of it being dispatched today so I will get it tomorrow? Knowing it has been ready since early morning, if it takes another day to simply leave the facility that will be quite disappointing at this point.

Rakk

The Awesome
Laptop is awaiting dispatch since 7:48am this morning, it is day 2 of the 3 day fast track. Anyone know the odds of it being dispatched today so I will get it tomorrow? Knowing it has been ready since early morning, if it takes another day to simply leave the facility that will be quite disappointing at this point.

It should go out today, in general I think* the DPD van only turns up once a day for collections from PCS and they turn up in the afternoon.

*Note: this is what I think, I may be wrong, or it may have changed

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
It should do as mine did... Can you view a tracking number when you log in to view your order? I was able to and this is probably a sign it's going out today. There's a note somewhere that says you can use the tracking number after 6pm on the day of dispatch.

rav007

Enthusiast
There's no tracking number yet. I have to learn to be patient, but seen as it has been through build, test and QC in the space of 24hrs and now awaiting dispatch, if they don't dispatch until tomorrow (which is well within their rights as it is only day 2 of 3) the laptop will be sat in their warehouse longer than it took from order to being boxed.

I have a feeling that it isn't uncommon to release it in less than 3 days because when I bought my brother's laptop 2 years ago, that was on a 5 day fast track and they shipped it on day 3, the same day it went into awaiting dispatch. Then it went into awaiting dispatch at around 7:50am too but was dispatched just before 10am. All I can say is I'm so excited :D my first laptop that will be able to game on ultra settings on current games :chef:

steaky360

Another thing to mention is if its shipped by day 3 PCS have still made their fast track schedule as fast tracking means progressing to shipping in 3 or 5 days (or less).

I'd agree with the above however, its certainly looking promising to be shipped today :D

Neo

Bronze Level Poster
Now you'll be hoping for an early delivery slot! ;)

Enjoy and if you get time write a review in a few days time.

rav007

Enthusiast
Who was it then? Assume it arrived ok?

Oh Hello! It was DPD Barry, which rhymes in certain accents.

It did arrive, still trying to sort out a few issues with it to be honest, mainly battery life which is quoted as a max of 5.5hrs, some people have shown me they get over 5 hrs, but I just can't get close to that, I get 3hrs max with everything turned down or off, to the point where I may as well not use it and just turn it off.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh Hello! It was DPD Barry, which rhymes in certain accents.

It did arrive, still trying to sort out a few issues with it to be honest, mainly battery life which is quoted as a max of 5.5hrs, some people have shown me they get over 5 hrs, but I just can't get close to that, I get 3hrs max with everything turned down or off, to the point where I may as well not use it and just turn it off.

If you install hwinfo it has a very handy battery wear level which is very good, may be worth having a look. If it's over say 8% I'd get in contact with pcs and arrange for a replacement.

rav007

Enthusiast
If you install hwinfo it has a very handy battery wear level which is very good, may be worth having a look. If it's over say 8% I'd get in contact with pcs and arrange for a replacement.

I used that just now, I also have HWMonitor running and a program called BatteryMon which monitors the real-time discharge. The battery was fully charged when I received the laptop and the lowest level I have gone to so far is 50%. I am getting different wear levels on HWinfo and HWmonitor, 3% and 4%. HWMonitor's max charge capacity is also going up and down, it was really low when I first got the laptop, around 57000 of the 60206. It is currently on 58268. What do you reckon? Battery isn't calibrated?

Edit: Just realised I left my phone to charge via USB which probably used up some of the power. Took it out around 50% charge and it seems to have reduced the usage a bit now, projecting an extra 45 - 50 minutes of time. Gone up to 3h40 at the moment. Hmm

Last edited: