Auto Club Revolution Closed Beta final stages

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
Hi all,

I have 5 closed beta keys to this game:
http://www.autoclubrevolution.com

It is in the final days of closed beta but if you fancy yourself as a racer, PM me for your beta key. The first 5 PM's get one.

It's turning out to be a right good arcade-sim crossover racer.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
2 gone, 3 to go.
There is also a 1 credit car sale going on right now - all cars only cost 1 in game credit. So you can get a bugatti veyron from the start if you wanted. :)

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
2 gone, 3 to go.
There is also a 1 credit car sale going on right now - all cars only cost 1 in game credit. So you can get a bugatti veyron from the start if you wanted. :)

yeh but on race sims, the bugatti usually sucks as it has poor handling

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Well im home now but for the life of me cant figure out where to enter the key, where to download/play anything at all, all I can do is register interest in being a beta tester.

Wozza63

Biblical Poster
i just got a message on the website that the servers will be down for half an hour :(

it works in a similar way to battlelog btw, being on the browser etc

Gishank

Bright Spark
Sent you a PM, seems a very interesting game. lol (assuming you have any keys left, though it apparently goes open beta on the 20th it'd be nice to try it out beforehand)

Last edited:

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
shame it fails everytime at downloading the LA storm drain track, so cant play at all lol, its attempted 5 times so far and failed at different points saying its got an incomplete zip.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I did indeed, am have been pleasently surprised by it, no clutch dissapoints me though considering they went to the effort of having a H gearbox as well as a semi-auto, auto and sequential.

Also the handling is a bit odd, im not sure we feelthe true speed because going round corners in something like a koningsagg really feels very slow lol.

Gibbs

Gold Level Poster
I know that a lot of the cars feel a bit understeer-ey until you get some better tyres on. The stock tyres are pretty pants.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
I know that a lot of the cars feel a bit understeer-ey until you get some better tyres on. The stock tyres are pretty pants.

Ah ok, yeah same as Forza, tbh I hadnt gotten round to upgrading anything yet, Ive only had a couple of races really. Little annoying though cus one race, the two toher people sat on the line and did doughnuts lol, the other they changed the car sepc last second and changed to veyrons while i was stuck in my tvr lol, not bad on most tracks but on the LA storm drain one, i was ****** lolol.

Frenchy

Prolific Poster
Hmm, how do you add friends in ACR? I can't seem to figure out how lol.

It is a bit fo a confusing interface ive found, top right theres a search box "find players", search for the player there. Once you've done that on the left side of their profile theres and icon with an exclamation mark (I think, trying to remember from last ngiht), click that and itll send them a request

To accept a request, it appears in your message box on the bottom bar.

Gishank

Bright Spark
Indeed, I found out how. Whilst the game is interesting it does seem to be rather unstable when doing MP (sp is fine without issue), I experienced three CTD's in a row followed by a race where I appeared to be the only driver whom actually got in and connected (the rest being dead in the water so to speak at the starting line)