ASUS motherboard error code. 1 long beep followed by 3 short beeps.

Brian1zvx

Hello my specs are:

Case
CORSAIR 5000D AIRFLOW TEMPERED GLASS GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Eight Core CPU (3.8GHz-4.7GHz/36MB CACHE/AM4)
Motherboard
ASUS® TUF X570-PLUS GAMING (USB 3.2 Gen 2, PCIe 4.0, CrossFireX) - ARGB Ready!
Memory (RAM)
16GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3200MHz (2 x 8GB)
Graphics Card
6GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2060 - HDMI, DP - VR Ready!
1st M.2 SSD Drive
500GB SAMSUNG 980 PRO M.2, PCIe NVMe (up to 6900MB/R, 5000MB/W)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB PCS PCIe M.2 SSD (2200 MB/R, 1500 MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W RMx SERIES™ MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE CAPELLIX RGB Hydro Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
Wireless Network Card
WIRELESS INTEL® Wi-Fi 6 AX200 2,400Mbps/5GHz, 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD + BT 5.0
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS

I bought this pc about 13 months ago and moved place last week. While a lot of care was taken with the PC in the move and there was no incidents surrounding it something must have been knocked around.

I understand from attempted googling this is likely a graphics card issue (the most expensive part...). I'm not great with hardware but did open the case to have a look to see if anything was obviously loose. I'd be very wary about doing these kinds of things myself but if there was any good advice or people with similar fixes that would be amazing.

All help would be greatly appreciated,
Cheers

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What's the actual issue? Is it just beeps or does something not work?

It may not be an issue, it's a false code when the pc is powered on before the monitor is awake.

To work around, power on the monitor before turning on the pc.

Brian1zvx

What's the actual issue? Is it just beeps or does something not work?

It may not be an issue, it's a false code when the pc is powered on before the monitor is awake.

To work around, power on the monitor before turning on the pc.

The monitor does not turn on when connected via the GPU (I've discovered now that it does if it is connected to what I assume is the integrated graphics).

Checked the BIOS there now that I could get the monitor on and there is nothing indicating a GPU even exists? No video configuration options

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The monitor does not turn on when connected via the GPU (I've discovered now that it does if it is connected to what I assume is the integrated graphics).

Checked the BIOS there now that I could get the monitor on and there is nothing indicating a GPU even exists? No video configuration options
Can you take a photo of the back of the pc with cables connected?

You say you assume it's connected to integrated graphics, that CPU doesn't have integrated graphics so can only work plugged into the GPU

You must have had it connected to the motherboard output.

Brian1zvx

Can you take a photo of the back of the pc with cables connected?

You say you assume it's connected to integrated graphics, that CPU doesn't have integrated graphics so can only work plugged into the GPU

You must have had it connected to the motherboard output.
Yep Spyder I think you are right. Thanks.

Tho the screen does flash black every few minutes so I may not be completely in the clear. Thanks for you help

Steveyg

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yep Spyder I think you are right. Thanks.

Tho the screen does flash black every few minutes so I may not be completely in the clear. Thanks for you help
One long beep followed by 3 short beeps generally means a GPU issue. It can be a false positive on some boards with the monitor not being powered on as @SpyderTracks pointed out. If the screen is cutting out though could be a loose connection I would recommend taking the GPU out entirely and then re socketing it into the slot, This is easy enough to do if you watch a youtube tutorial it takes a couple of minutes and just a matter of unplugging a couple things and removing a screw or two connected to the case