Asus graphics cards vs. generic

David689

Gold Level Poster
Hi,
Forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere - I did a search and couldn't find anything. What, if any, would be the advantage of an Asus 3060 graphics card vs. a generic? Are the electronics the same? What about the drivers?

Thank you.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
The chip is identical. I believe the only differences are power delivery and cooling design. All the AIB partners are given a little creative freedom on those particular features, but they still must meet stringent quality standards and thus aren't really all that different.

The STRIX offerings tend to have high quality capacitors and allow for slightly more power output. This means that you can often take the overclocking a little further on the cards if you choose to. Unfortunately this sort of action would void the warranty of the card with PCS so it's not often a favoured approach.

It's a very expensive price to pay for not any additional benefit. Resale value would carry across though :)

bigmaraippo

Bronze Level Poster
The chip is identical. I believe the only differences are power delivery and cooling design. All the AIB partners are given a little creative freedom on those particular features, but they still must meet stringent quality standards and thus aren't really all that different.

The STRIX offerings tend to have high quality capacitors and allow for slightly more power output. This means that you can often take the overclocking a little further on the cards if you choose to. Unfortunately this sort of action would void the warranty of the card with PCS so it's not often a favoured approach.

It's a very expensive price to pay for not any additional benefit. Resale value would carry across though :)

Is there a rough estimate to lets say if you have a 3000 series Strix card, to what % the price drops for when the next series of cards come out?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Is there a rough estimate to lets say if you have a 3000 series Strix card, to what % the price drops for when the next series of cards come out?
None, it's all down to market rates at the time. The 2000 series for instance sold just as much or higher value than they were new.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
2000 series are, probably unsurprisingly, holding some seriously strong values even 2nd hand right now.