Anything pink!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
CA-073-NX_43261_350.jpg

disgusted-mother-of-god.png

ThomasM

I know, thats for my next desktop in 2013 :D, means she will pay some of it hehe!

Currently using a pink dell which is about to die and she wants another laptop, can you get custom pink ones? So she (I) can get a nice gfx card?

tom_gr7

Life Serving
It would make my girlfriend happy, and im sure it would open up to a few more customers aswell :)

ah, I have this problem before I ordered the missus laptop, she wanted a white one!, I just said "no they are all crap!" then walked her round pc world, saying things like "rip off", "no gpu", "crap cpu"

You cant give in to her mate, lol, a pc should be a manly beast of power and performance! Imagine looking at a pink case every single day! oh my life! YOUR NEW TOY IS BRIGHT PINK!!!!

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Also, are girls really that stereotypical that they'd be more likely to buy a puter etc if it was pink? I know the gf would punch me if I went ahead and got her some tech that was pink "because you're a girl" :D

And tom

oh my life! YOUR NEW TOY IS BRIGHT PINK!!!!

it may just be because its Friday, but I think I read that in a completely different context...

So, Rakky, thoughts? :D

Rakk

The Awesome
Also, are girls really that stereotypical that they'd be more likely to buy a puter etc if it was pink?
No!!!
I would be most upset if all I could have was a pink PC, nice dark coloured PC (black with added blue for preference) for me please

Last edited:

Adli

Enthusiast
you can buy your own case and send it into PCS if you really want a pink one. you'll have to talk to PCS to make sure all the parts with fit inside it though :)

Ash

Also, are girls really that stereotypical that they'd be more likely to buy a puter etc if it was pink?

Yes. Girls much prefer style over substance. My GF wouldn't get a high-spec laptop if it was ugly. She hates the look of my PC but hey it's got a number-crunching i5 in it that'll eat it anything I throw at it so I'm happy. :)

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
No not all.... just most lol

Based onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn? :)

One could argue that all the lil console monkeys prefer style over substance...and they are apparently male (there is no definitive check for this as yet)

:D

Ash

Based onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn? :)

One could argue that all the lil console monkeys prefer style over substance...and they are apparently male (there is no definitive check for this as yet)

:D

Based on my GF. She has a HP laptop. It looks nice but the specs are crap.

I prefer consoles but I'm not bothered what it looks like. Sure, the original PS3 was sexy and the slim is ugly. I've got the slim on my desk though in full view and I don't mind at all.

Rakk

The Awesome
Based on my GF. She has a HP laptop. It looks nice but the specs are crap.
Well, based on that, my claim is that my PC isn't the prettiest thing out there (though its not bad, it's definitely not pink) and at the time when I got it the i7-930 was a pretty chunky CPU.
So now we're 50-50 for your claim, your GF likes pretty and not powerful, I like more powerful but don't really mind so much about the looks (though admittedly I think I would have to draw the line at pink)

ThomasM

Well the Gf does love her pink laptop, but its going to die and i like PCS so felt the need to enquire about pink cases haha!

LolKitteh

Even though I used to be a geek, and cared about high spec for my needs, I prefer to have some choice over box style.
However things got much better now that the typical box isn't beige anymore, and I can live with most new designs. I kept for years at the time a box carcass, planning to cover it in wood or something that would be less ugly but never got round to it.

All this to say, most girls will put up with the current styles, but would still rather have colour options etc. I'm lucky, I like black.

Wolvo7

Bright Spark
Also, are girls really that stereotypical that they'd be more likely to buy a puter etc if it was pink? I know the gf would punch me if I went ahead and got her some tech that was pink "because you're a girl"

The color pink seems to be a deciding factor to attract female customers, or we wouldn't have things like this:
60522d1200672729-hello-kitty-ar-15-rifle-shootingkitty1_540x405.jpg

To quote Tom, I don't think that there are many things that would qualify as "a manly beast of power and performance" over an AR-15 assault rifle.