Any thoughts on this?

connew

I made this configuration hoping it would last me for at least 5 years (including the occasional upgrade).
I replaced the graphics card with the 11Gb NVIDIA RTX Ti.
Hope this would be able to run Cyberpunk 2077 at maximum settings without a hitch.

Case
PCS GENESIS G1B CASE + SD CARD READER
Processor (CPU)
Intel® Core™ i9 Eight Core Processor i9-9900K (3.6GHz) 16MB Cache

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Total War: Three Kingdoms & More w/ select Intel CPUs!
Motherboard
ASUS® ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING: ATX, LGA1151, USB 3.1, SATA 6GBs - RGB Ready
Memory (RAM)
32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
8GB NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 2080 SUPER - HDMI, 3x DP GeForce - RTX VR Ready!

down_right_arrow.gif
Get Control & Wolfenstein: Young Blood w/ select GeForce RTX GPUs!
1st Storage Drive
960GB ADATA SU630 2.5" SSD, SATA 6 Gb (520MB/R, 450MB/W)
Power Supply
CORSAIR 750W TXm SERIES™ SEMI-MODULAR 80 PLUS® GOLD, ULTRA QUIET
Power Cable
1 x 1 Metre UK Power Cable (Kettle Lead)
Processor Cooling
CoolerMaster Hyper 212X (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Extra Case Fans
2x 120mm Black Case Fan (configured to extract from rear/roof)
Sound Card
Creative Sound Blaster Zx 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard
Wireless/Wired Networking
WIRELESS 802.11N 300Mbps/2.4GHz PCI-E CARD
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
Operating System
NO OPERATING SYSTEM REQUIRED
Operating System Language
United Kingdom - English Language
Windows Recovery Media
NO RECOVERY MEDIA REQUIRED
Office Software
FREE 30 Day Trial of Microsoft® Office® 365 (Operating System Required)
Anti-Virus
NO ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Browser
Firefox™
Monitor
AOC Q3279VWFD8 31.5" QHD Monitor - 2560 x 1440, 5MS, HDMI, DVI, DP
Keyboard & Mouse
PCS S300 USB MEDIA KEYBOARD

neewhom

Silver Level Poster
A few things I would look at

Case
PCS GENESIS G1B CASE + SD CARD READER - I would be worried about the cooling proficiency of this case when you're putting some high end components together, definitely look at some of the other cases which offer better cooling. If you have the budget, I can recommend the Corsair 500D SE and you wouldn't need to purchase any extra case fans as it comes with ample. Of course, you may prefer something else down to cosmetic preference

Memory (RAM)

32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 2666MHz (2 x 16GB) - For gaming only there's really no need for anything over 16gb. You're not future proofing by buying more you're just wasting money - Downgrade to 16gb and upgrade the speed of the ram to at least 3000MHz

Processor Cooling

CoolerMaster Hyper 212X (120mm) Fan CPU Cooler Black Edition - I'm not sure if this is sufficient cooling to keep the temperature down on the i9900k which burns quite hot, the corsair i100 or i115 would be a much safer bet

Sound Card

Creative Sound Blaster Zx 5.1 PCI-E Soundcard - Is this really needed?

connew

I had to replace the case with PCS SR-620C MID TOWER CASE as tha graphics adapter wouldn't fit.
I considered the extra 2 fans to be enough for it's needs. I really hate Corsair stuff because of fancy colours, lights and transparent cases. I just need a black case as I don't need to show off.
RAM I will think about it.
I dabble a bit in music so I went for the Sound Blaster.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I had to replace the case with PCS SR-620C MID TOWER CASE as tha graphics adapter wouldn't fit.
I considered the extra 2 fans to be enough for it's needs. I really hate Corsair stuff because of fancy colours, lights and transparent cases. I just need a black case as I don't need to show off.
RAM I will think about it.
I dabble a bit in music so I went for the Sound Blaster.
You would need a decent case for a build like that, I’d suggest £50 as a minimum.

When you say you dabble in music do you mean creation and recording or just playing?

connew

FL studio and Renoise. Just amateurish creation as my time doesn't allow me to do more. Maybe in the future I'll take it a bit more serious.

connew

Anyway, it seems it is a bit late to change it as they are testing it now. Just in case I'll keep a bucket of coldd water at hand to quench it if it gets too hot.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Anyway, it seems it is a bit late to change it as they are testing it now. Just in case I'll keep a bucket of coldd water at hand to quench it if it gets too hot.
There are quite a few bits that need changing.

That CPU is a furnace, we'd normally suggest a minimum of the Noctua, but usually the H100i. It really does run extremely hot.

That coupled with an inadequate case and the 2080 super is a recipe for disaster on it's own.

You've got a very slow SSD as the primary drive?

It's not a very balanced build for the components.

Sorry, but I'd be remiss not to mention it.