AMD Ryzen 5 for DAW?

RogerLuk

I know the theory about clock speeds and cores for building an audio production pc (faster is better) but does anyone have experience of building an audio pc wim AMD Ryzen 5 instead of Intel? I have read about rumours of AMD chips not working properly with AMD chips but cannot find the actual rumours. All I can find is that using Intel chips is the safe bet. Does anyone have any comments on this? I ask because I would like to replace my old desktop (possibly with a laptop) in the near future.

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I have read about rumours of AMD chips not working properly with AMD chips but cannot find the actual rumours. All I can find is that using Intel chips is the safe bet. Does anyone have any comments on this?
This is very outdated. When Ryzen 3000 was first released as it was a whole new architecture, there were initial issues with BIOS that needed optimising. This was all completed back in early 2019. Ryzen is just as good as intel for audio.

There were also issues with poor usb controllers on B450 and earlier, it’s worth plumping for x570 imho.