AMD 6870 users

Tom DWC

It's unlikely to be a problem with the graphics unit - probably something to do with Flash player though. Try uninstalling/reinstalling Adobe Flash.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Worked for me. The BSOD seems odd though. Keep us posted.

I did as you suggested, same problem is occuring. First it states that there was a problem with the display driver which needed to be restarted, if I try and reload the article the dreaded BSOD comes up.

Tom DWC

Right, what web browser are you using? Different browsers use different versions of Flash you see. You could try a different browser with a different version of Flash.

IE = ActiveX
Firefox/Safari/Opera = Plugin

Try out both versions of Flash in two different browsers. If that doesn't work then removing and restoring the display drivers is the next step.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Tried IE and Firefox, it plays the initial advert but when it opens the article the display driver crashes. Deleted the display driver from device manager and re-installed, same thing happens. I am stumped (excuse the pun)!

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Weird thing is if I delete the 6870 driver in device manager the link works fine. As soon as any driver is installed (by windows or the latest one from AMD website 10.10) the display driver crashes when loading the article. Strange

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
In device manager the latest driver version is shown as: 8.782.0.0. I thought I downloaded 10.10 or am I missing something?

Edit: 10.10 is the Catalyst version (how confusing). Do I have the latest display driver?

Last edited:

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
It sounds like your having driver issues, download driver sweeper from here: http://downloads.guru3d.com/Guru3D---Driver-Sweeper-(Setup)_d1655.html
Then use it to delete your current drivers and re-install the new ones from AMD's wesbsite (http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx)

It doesn't install 10.11 as the driver included does not support the 6800 series (have to wait for 10.12). If I wipe everything with guru3d and let windows install the driver it seems to load the article, however as soon as I install the driver from the AMD website (10.10) it crashes. The windows driver is a bit sluggish and I cannot select the correct resolution for my 22" monitor. Looks like AMD have failed with drivers.... have to wait for 10.12.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
Quick update, I have had the replacement sent to me, same problem as before with the new card. It definitely looks like a driver issue.

Tom DWC

As everything suggested so far hasn't worked the only thing I can suggest now is trying an older version of the drivers - at least for the time being, until a new version is released.

abdulhamid

Enthusiast
I have fixed it now, it seems the 6870 doesn't like hardware acceleration in flash. I disabled this and the video is working without problems. HAPPY DAYS.........