Advice to those in customer service/sales

Just so you know, the average days orders are dispatched are now currently 28.86 days
Is that working days or calendar days?

I ordered a PC on 8 August, it has now been languishing in pre-production since 13 August... I did ask on chat a couple of weeks back and they hoped it would go into build w/c 6 September, but if it's 29 working days then that's more like end of September!

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Is that working days or calendar days?

I ordered a PC on 8 August, it has now been languishing in pre-production since 13 August... I did ask on chat a couple of weeks back and they hoped it would go into build w/c 6 September, but if it's 29 working days then that's more like end of September!
Those are working days

micrus

Just go on the live messenger service, takes about 10 minutes to get sorted
Thanks, I did that and found out the issue. The chassis -- Ionico Series: 15.6" Matte QHD 165Hz sRGB 100% LED Widescreen (2560x1440) -- has been discontinued, so they need to arrange moving my order over to a different model.

Quite the pain as it was the only one with AMD, QHD, 20mm thick, and the only other AMD/QHD (Recoil) is thicker and going to be something like ~£200 more

Edit: Cancelled my order. I'm not paying over £200 just to change the chassis.

Last edited:

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That is disappointing. They really need to sharpen up that messaging when you order then.

Good things come to those who wait...
1630606716901.png

1630606851979.png

Isn't that sharp enough for you....................

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I just don't get this obsession with build times. People wouldn't order from PCS unless they trusted them to deliver. People also know - or should know - that they're in a queue, based only on date and time of order.

Everyone's build will get to the top of the queue when it's their turn and not before.

Last time I ordered from PCS I placed my order, paid, and waited until it arrived. There was nothing I could do to get it built any faster so there was no point in my wasting time and energy pestering PCS for a build date or complaining that it might have been longer than they had estimated.

It really does take as long as it takes.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Last time I ordered from PCS I placed my order, paid, and waited until it arrived. There was nothing I could do to get it built any faster so there was no point in my wasting time and energy pestering PCS for a build date or complaining that it might have been longer than they had estimated.

Well said, good sir. It’s only been in the last month or so that stock levels have started to improve. Some people should take a look at the last few pages of the dedicated ROG Strix 3080 thread, where we had forum members sitting on 150+ day waiting times. Those guys and gals really had the blitz spirit and showed fantastic levels of patience.

Good things come to those who wait 🙂👍

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I just don't get this obsession with build times. People wouldn't order from PCS unless they trusted them to deliver. People also know - or should know - that they're in a queue, based only on date and time of order.

Everyone's build will get to the top of the queue when it's their turn and not before.

Well said, good sir. It’s only been in the last month or so that stock levels have started to improve. Some people should take a look at the last few pages of the dedicated ROG Strix 3080 thread, where we had forum members sitting on 150+ day waiting times. Those guys and gals really had the blitz spirit and showed fantastic levels of patience.

Good things come to those who wait 🙂👍
Totally agree with you both, the berserker is going to be worth it when it arrives, they estimated 16-19 working days when i placed the order today is day 19 according to order page but that includes last Monday for some reason even though it was a bank holiday

For sure. I'm not asking to skip the queue, I'm quite happy to wait as long as it takes - but my point is, they shouldn't say "16 to 19 working days" when ordering if the current backlog is 29 working days!

D

Deleted member 41971

I waited four years for my amplifier and 3 years for my speakers which I just bought last month.

The best things in life take patience and effort to obtain.

... with the exception of Haribo.

i bet your a demon at a rubix cube

amazon sell haribo

Last edited by a moderator:

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
For sure. I'm not asking to skip the queue, I'm quite happy to wait as long as it takes - but my point is, they shouldn't say "16 to 19 working days" when ordering if the current backlog is 29 working days!
I don't know whether you've ever invested in the stock market through an investment broker? When you read their prospectus it's full of glowing figures about how much money they've made for their clients over the last five years. Then you read the small print and buried in there you'll find it says that "past performance is not an indicator of future growth".

PCS's build time estimates are exactly the same, they're based on recent history and might not reflect what's happening now. Suppose they had a batch of flaky motherboards for example. A lot more builds would fail in testing and have to go back into build to be rectified - that would slow down the new build rate. They may have builders on holiday (quite likely in July, August and September) and so their build output is reduced from what it was a few months ago.

There are any number of scenarios that would mean that build estimates based on previous build rates do not accurately reflect what is happening now. "Past performance is not an indicator of future growth".

In any case, if they'd said your build would take 60 days would you have gone elsewhere? I doubt it because there are so many advantages to buying from PCS. That they said 16 to 19 days, based on previous experience, and now it's taking 30 days or more is unfortunate. Every one of us on here has been through the mental torture of the build wait, many of us more than once, so we all know how frustrating it is. But there is absolutely nothing you can do to change how long it takes, all you can do is be patient - and confident that PCS will not let you down and that they will build it as fast as they can.

3qtrsamericano

Bright Spark
I for one, am impatient - I partly blame Amazon Prime! :ROFLMAO:

But all kidding aside, in the current climate, I just keep telling myself "It is what it is". If there was a Fast-Track build option, I would have paid for it. But in the meantime, I'm spending my time on the forum educating myself, having a laugh and well, generally, spending more £££ on my build than I had initially intended! Luckily, there isn't much more left to "upgrade"! Phew!

I was quoted 16-19 days when I placed the order 23/08 so I'm only on 9 WD (more likely 8 as it counted the August BH). So I still have a while to go. Hopefully it won't slip past the quoted days and that the rig will arrive around the 28-30 days which PCS are currently averaging.

The PC is actually a present for my son for sitting the 11+ (which is tomorrow) so whilst I've failed on my promise to have a PC with Microsoft Flight Sim installed and ready to go by tomorrow, I am hoping that he will appreciate what an awesome machine (thanks Forum peeps!) he will be getting as and when it arrives.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Yeah i was quoted 16 - 19 Working days and today is day 19/20 so keep checking emails and punching f5............... 😂
I know it wont make it happen any faster

TheSnake

Seem to be going in circles here with people contradicting each other - my order estimated 16-19 working days so that is what I expect to wait, even though the current backlog average is 29 (or whatever). It does seem odd if the backlog is 29 ish and new orders placed today don't show that though.