4 USB Ports!

DavVel

There are only two cases wich have 4 usb ports in front and thery're costly. Would be nice to have some cheaper ones...

Aza

Rising Star
Is there a reason why you need more than four and they need to be on the front?
You will have multiple ports on the back, the exact number will depends on the motherboard you choose.

If that isnt enough, you can also add a usb card to give extra ports, although a USB hub might be better, there is also the option of sending in your own case.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
There are only two cases wich have 4 usb ports in front and thery're costly. Would be nice to have some cheaper ones...
Very few case will have many ports on the front, they tend to be just for quick access for a couple of devices, cases rarely have many, and those will be niche cases with lower quantity sales and hence higher prices.

As above, you'd normally use the USB's on the motherboard for general connectivity.

But with PCS, you do have the option or sourcing your own case from elsewhere and sending it in for the build.

Aza

Rising Star
Its more comfortable for me
That doesnt really answer anything...
Things that are "permanent" use such as mouse, keyboard, docks etc would all be plugged into the back, youd normally do this when setting up your station anyway, so before the case is put into its final position, and then never have to worry about it again, you might use front ports for headphones or connecting your phone maybe but heavy use stuff isnt something you would be constantly plugging in and unplugging...

What is it you need more than 4 ports for for easy access?

I'm sorry, but I completely agree with Spyder, more than 4 USB's at the front is incredibly niche use, it really doesnt make much sense and theres solutions such as usb hubs which you could connect to the back and then have the hub on your desk to connect stuff to, and likely far cheaper than buying a niche case that would have an inflated price due to how little it sells.

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Or you can fit something like an all-in-one internal card reader/writer, which will have a number of USB ports on it as well. These fit in a ssd or hdd drive slot but fit flush to the front panel, as if made for it. You chose how many USB ports you want, from the range available.

Martinr36

MOST VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
Or you can fit something like an all-in-one internal card reader/writer, which will have a number of USB ports on it as well. These fit in a ssd or hdd drive slot but fit flush to the front panel, as if made for it. You chose how many USB ports you want, from the range available.
Very few cases have front slot access like that these days, personally for stuff like this i just lay leads in from the rear of the case

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
Very few cases have front slot access like that these days, personally for stuff like this i just lay leads in from the rear of the case
Oh. That just shows how old my case is. It came with a floppy drive fitted, and room for another 3.5" drive.
So how do they fit a Bluray read/write drive, if you want one? Is your choice of cases restricted to those with front slots, or???
I noticed they'll supply an external card reader, if you want one, so that answers that.
I was going to attach a jpg of the front of my case, to give you a laugh at me. But I can't get a small enough file size on my phone.
I could try later, if you're interested in vintage cases 😀🤔

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Oh. That just shows how old my case is. It came with a floppy drive fitted, and room for another 3.5" drive.
So how do they fit a Bluray read/write drive, if you want one? Is your choice of cases restricted to those with front slots, or???
I noticed they'll supply an external card reader, if you want one, so that answers that.
I was going to attach a jpg of the front of my case, to give you a laugh at me. But I can't get a small enough file size on my phone.
I could try later, if you're interested in vintage cases 😀🤔
There's no such thing as 5" bays anymore, external media doesn't exist in the mainstream and is catered as a niche thing with external USB drives

All Blu-ray media files are just downloaded or streamed these days.

AgentCooper

At Least I Have Chicken
Shall i post a photo of my desk for you @AgentCooper 😁🤣
E18CC0CD-CD84-4222-B4AD-7088939E5EFA.gif

SimonPeters116

Enthusiast
There's no such thing as 5" bays anymore, external media doesn't exist in the mainstream and is catered as a niche thing with external USB drives

All Blu-ray media files are just downloaded or streamed these days.
Damn, I'm going to have to get all my DVD and blu-ray media copied onto a pen drive, or something, then.
I bet they aren't called pen drives any more either? 😁
I saw there was the option of a DVD/Blu-ray read/write drive in the configurator, I thought it would be an internal drive. Oh well, you know what Thought thought 😂

I knew that most media is downloaded or streamed, I just hadn't realised that 'discs in your hand' had become so niche. Kind of exclusive then 😂 I'll hang on to my discs though, they might become valuable like old vinyl, or something to pass on to my grandkids for nostalgia. Maybe to show their grandkids, "when I was your age, we ...... ".
In this case I'm glad I'm hanging around the edges here. I'm picking up quite a bit of important information and knowledge updates.
I won't post a photo of my desk, AgentCooper would probably have palpitations.
(There's a deep box file of 3.5" floppy discs, I've still got my original MS DOS and Windows installation floppies. I haven't got any 5.5(?)" floppy discs, I never got that drive for my Commodore, I've still got games on cassette for it though.)