3060Ti at 1080p - Worth it?

thurloto

Will also add that if you’re looking to mainly play stuff like RTS’s or games like Apex Legends, you absolutely don’t need a 3060ti. Save yourself time and money and get the 3060 and a good 1080p monitor lol

Peeqa

Bronze Level Poster
Exactly my point. If you aren’t going to play in 1440p, get the 3060 and let the rest of us pick up the ti
As much as I want to free the queue to get my ti, I don’t think you should really say this. Whether you’re playing flight simulator in 1440, cyberpunk in 1080 with ray tracing on, minecraft in 1080p and getting 600 frames, or even windows 97 minesweeper, anyone is free to buy whatever they want. The TI is a lot better, roughly 20% better on frames across the board and it has a better ram speed for only a fraction more in price. It plays exceptional at 1080p and will allow you to hit the 240fps mark on a lot of games which the standard 3060 won’t. Regardless of your needs, it’s a free market and although it’s frustrating for everyone, saying otherwise comes across as entitled. (No hate intended c: )

21 days pre production/3700x & 3060ti

Last edited:

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
As much as I want to free the queue to get my ti, I don’t think you should really say this. Whether you’re playing flight simulator in 1440, cyberpunk in 1080 with ray tracing on, minecraft in 1080p and getting 600 frames, or even windows 97 minesweeper, anyone is free to buy whatever they want. The TI is a lot better, roughly 20% better on frames across the board and it has a better ram speed for only a fraction more in price. It plays exceptional at 1080p and will allow you to hit the 240fps mark on a lot of games which the standard 3060 won’t. Regardless of your needs, it’s a free market and although it’s frustrating for everyone, saying otherwise comes across as entitled. (No hate intended c: )

The ti would be pointless at 1080p. Waste of money.

MrWilson

Godlike
The 3060ti is viable for 1080p 240hz competitive gaming, but that is a very small niche and for the overwhelming majority the 3060 would be the better pick for 1080p.
If anyone wants to discuss this further please make a new thread and tag me in it, don't want to derail this thread too much.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
The 3060ti is viable for 1080p 240hz competitive gaming, but that is a very small niche and for the overwhelming majority the 3060 would be the better pick for 1080p.
If anyone wants to discuss this further please make a new thread and tag me in it, don't want to derail this thread too much.
But you would surely go for the 3070 if you were competitive gaming. Budget is rarely a concern at competitive levels and shooting under 240fps would be an absolute no no and the 3060ti wouldn’t get there in stuff like fortnite or cod.

Peeqa

Bronze Level Poster
I’d disagree entirely. If you’ve got a 144 or less hz monitor then I’d agree. But the 3060 struggles to even reach the frames to match a 240hz monitor on a lot of games at any form of high/ultra setting unless they are basic games. That being said, my argument was that people are entitled to get what they want. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Why get a 3060 if you plan to upgrade your monitor in a years time? That in itself is a waste of money because you’re stuck with an underperforming card. For a lot of people, it’s their first pc and they want as much bang for their buck while they save up to get more optimised equipment. We’re a nice bunch of people here and as much as I want the queue freed, no one should feel pressured to change unless they want to.

-Apologies for going off topic, I’ve said my peace and don’t wish to add anything else. Back to the painful waiting times! 😇

thurloto

Getting a 3060ti to play Minecraft or Minesweeper is almost insulting, and playing at 1080p would be complete overkill and a waste of money

thurloto

Getting a 3060ti to play Minecraft or Minesweeper is almost insulting, and playing at 1080p would be complete overkill and a waste of money
I know the Minesweeper comment wasn’t especially sincere but still - have heard so many people not just on here, talk about wanting a ti to play games that would run on a 10 year old PC absolutely fine. Just save your time and money lol

aseax

Don’t really understand the fight about the 1080 and 1440. I took a ti, playing on 27’’ 60hz 1080p and I am not gonna change my card.
Just because I am probably changing my screen in one to three years.
You need something that suits you but also a little bit of extra power for any futur upgrade if you don’t want to regret later.

dr_wanqenstein

Silver Level Poster
Don’t really understand the fight about the 1080 and 1440. I took a ti, playing on 27’’ 60hz 1080p and I am not gonna change my card.
Just because I am probably changing my screen in one to three years.
You need something that suits you but also a little bit of extra power for any futur upgrade if you don’t want to regret later.

Think it's more that if you're gonna be using that monitor for the next three years, you're best of just waiting until then to upgrade the GPU to the ti or the newer model then too.

aseax

Think it's more that if you're gonna be using that monitor for the next three years, you're best of just waiting until then to upgrade the GPU to the ti or the newer model then too.
I understand your point of view but it will cost me more to change in 3 years screen and GPU than taking the Ti now.
(Just trying to defend my point of view even if I understand yours :LOL: )

Bigfoot

Grand Master
I understand your point of view but it will cost me more to change in 3 years screen and GPU than taking the Ti now.
(Just trying to defend my point of view even if I understand yours :LOL: )
In 3 years time software and games will demand more and there will be a new generation of GPUs. You will probably need to upgrade the GPU anyway. Overspecifying the GPU now for a possible monitor upgrade is likely to cost you more money, not save any.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
In 3 years time software and games will demand more and there will be a new generation of GPUs. You will probably need to upgrade the GPU anyway. Overspecifying the GPU now for a possible monitor upgrade is likely to cost you more money, not save any.
And it robs a good card from someone who will actually use that power now.

thurloto

And it robs a good card from someone who will actually use that power now.
Feel like we go round and round in circles on this thread - if you’re playing in 1080p for the foreseeable future, stick to the 3060. Save yourself time and money and let someone else get the ti