2760qm vs 2860qm

[email protected]

Hi I'm trying to decide between the 2760qm and 2860qm for my laptop choice,I will be using it for gaming and video editing, I'm happy with the ram and other components, its just the choice of cpu. Will there be a great difference performance wise between the two?

Thanks

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to our forums :)

Strictly speaking, the 2860QM is only 4% faster than the 2760QM when looking at the frequency (2.5GHz as opposed to 2.4GHz) however it also has a 33% bigger cache (8MB as opposed to 6MB). Both processors will be great for gaming and video editing. Obviously the 2860QM is better but I cannot recommend either option - you need to decide if the increased performance justifies the cost for you.

If you want the very best, then go for it. If you want fantastic performance for a slightly cheaper price, stick with the 2760QM.

[email protected]

Welcome to our forums :)

Strictly speaking, the 2860QM is only 4% faster than the 2760QM when looking at the frequency (2.5GHz as opposed to 2.4GHz) however it also has a 33% bigger cache (8MB as opposed to 6MB). Both processors will be great for gaming and video editing. Obviously the 2860QM is better but I cannot recommend either option - you need to decide if the increased performance justifies the cost for you.

If you want the very best, then go for it. If you want fantastic performance for a slightly cheaper price, stick with the 2760QM.

hi thanks for the reply
i have decided to go with the 2760. its a big price hike to the 2860 for a small amount of extra power, probably not even noticeable in real live terms...