17.3" VYPER vs 17.3" DEFIANCE VII

Fede

Bronze Level Poster
However I remove any doubt, in the Italian forum, PCS confirms that the body of the DefianceVII is made of metal.
Bye

Attachments

• Immagine.jpg
    Immagine.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 144

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok fine, but PCS itself writes the name Clevo on all its models. And Clevo indicates the PC70DD2 (Defiance VII) model as a metal body.
So what?! Nowhere do PCS UK, which is the scope of these fora, say that it has an aluminium chassis. You've also had a UK PCS customer conform that.

Fede

Bronze Level Poster
So what?! Nowhere do PCS UK, which is the scope of these fora, say that it has an aluminium chassis. You've also had a UK PCS customer conform that.
I know that a UK PCS customer conform that. But someone said that the aluminum painting makes it look like plastic. I do not want to make controversy, I would like a single and unequivocal answer.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
I know that a UK PCS customer conform that. But someone said that the aluminum painting makes it look like plastic. I do not want to make controversy, I would like a single and unequivocal answer.
You've had one. A UK customer has stated that it's not aluminium and the PCS description does not say its aluminium. Give PCS a call.

Fede

Bronze Level Poster
You've had one. A UK customer has stated that it's not aluminium and the PCS description does not say its aluminium. Give PCS a call.
Ok I asked on the Italian Forum and I also called PCS, they confirm that the body of the Defiance VII is made of metal. Here I am told it is not metal. What certainty do I have?

Bhuna50

Author Level
Fede - you asked if it is aluminium and got the answer that the UK site does not describe it as aluminium.

Clevo may describe it as metal and PCS may have confirmed to you it is metal, however not all metal is aluminium, so you are being told it is not described as aluminium.

People dont want to tell you it is aluminium and then you get it and you complain that it is only a black metal and not aluminium.

ubuysa

The BSOD Doctor
Ok I asked on the Italian Forum and I also called PCS, they confirm that the body of the Defiance VII is made of metal. Here I am told it is not metal. What certainty do I have?
I have not said that it's not aluminium - because I've never seen one. What I have said is that a UK user who has one has said it's not aluminium and that nowhere in the PCS descriptions do they say that it's aluminium. If you've spoken to PCS (in the UK) and they said that 'it's made of metal' then that's a definitive answer - though it would have been wise for you to ask whether the metal was aluminium - hopefully it's not a metal like cadmium, beryllium, or even plutonium.... 😱

Fede

Bronze Level Poster
Good morning and happy Sunday.

As you can understand from my posts, I am interested in knowing if the body is made of metal, no matter if aluminum, magnesium or plutonium. At first I asked if it was aluminum, because some sellers write this. From the following posts it is clear that I am asking for confirmation for the metal body, whatever metal it is.

However, it is not to insist, but looking here in the English forum, I found this thread, where it confirms that the 15 "Defiance VII model has a metal body. PCS also for the 15" version doesn't write anything about it.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Ok fine, but PCS itself writes the name Clevo on all its models. And Clevo indicates the PC70DD2 (Defiance VII) model as a metal body.
It’s quite possible it is but to be sure you’d need to ask PCS directly. I’d imagine it is personally.

Fede

Bronze Level Poster
I did not understand if the Defiance VII 17 "is made of metal or plastic. Too much conflicting information, also I saw a review where it is upgraded and the body looks like plastic. And since for me the metal body is an essential condition , I bought the Vyper model.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
I did not understand if the Defiance VII 17 "is made of metal or plastic. Too much conflicting information, also I saw a review where it is upgraded and the body looks like plastic. And since for me the metal body is an essential condition , I bought the Vyper model.
Just so you're aware, the Vyper currently has a BIOS issue when runninig on battery which leads to low battery life and poor voltages / performance (only when on battery).

PCS have got a new BIOS they're trialling which is looking promising, so once that's confirmed, they'll release it for customers to update.

The Vyper is an excellent chassis though.

Fede

Bronze Level Poster
Yyes i know about it, but i hope Pcs solve this issue. However I use this laptop like desktop. Thank you a lot.

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yyes i know about it, but i hope Pcs solve this issue. However I use this laptop like desktop. Thank you a lot.

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T utilizzando Tapatalk
You’ll be fine then, but I have no doubt PCS will update it and solve the issue soon.

All the best, it’s a great laptop.

barlew

Godlike
I hope it arrives fast. I am impatient... :)

The issue appears to be sorted