Wireless adapter & USB ports issue

Chrispher

So I got a laptop (Enigma i7) from you guys, and it has the gigabit wireless n network card and 4 USB 2.0 slots.

Basically I have 2 problems:

The wireless-n-network-card-adaptor-thing in the laptop sometimes just fails. Windows 7 thinks it's still there but can't communicate with it, and my available network connections (of which there are normally a myriad) just reads "No connections available". I cannot disable it and re-enable it - but if I restart my laptop I can then go and enable it.
I don't know what causes it to fail, it's usually in the middle of a game or chatting on skype or something - I doubt anything that I'm doing is the cause.

The other problem is sometimes, some of my USB ports don't function - it's like they have no power supply. I have a USB headset with a light on that I test with and as many as 3 out of 4 of my USB slots can not work at once. The slots DON'T seem to fail when something is currently plugged in, just I find them not working when I plug something in.

Any help would be appreciated :D

Other specs: Processor i7-720QM (1.60GHz) 6MB Cache
8GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB SERIAL ATA II 2.5" HARD DRIVE + 8MB CACHE (5,400rpm)
1GB ATI® Radeon™ HD 5650 PCI Express
Integrated Fingerprint Scanner :p

steveuk87

Super Star
hmmm... sounds like a hardware issue, best speaking to tech support tomorrow!! for the Network card, i assume you do have all the up to date drivers for it :)

Steve

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Christopher

Just above the centre of your keyboard you have three Blue LED's; the left for documents, the middle for wireless and the right for powered USB ports.

It sounds like you may be turning these on/off as you're using your laptop, therefore disabling your wireless card and/or USB ports.

Please check this and get back to us.

Chrispher

Alright, but how does one turn said LED off, let alone accidentally?
Also whenever I restart the system if the network card fails the computer fails to shut down. It can log off, but not shut down. Sometimes it gets to the point where the screen is black - but it's still whirring for 15 mins and I have to kill it by holding the power button.

Zeplini

sorry chrispher pls contact our call centre on Saturday or Monday morning please - number in my sig, i apologise for you trouble here, what chassis you get and os?