What would you change.

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
Are you sure that the card won't fit in behind the bracket anyway? I thought they were designed to be over the top of the PCIE mounts.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
PC all set up. Just finished doing all windows and gpu updates. Just installing furmark now and leave that running for abit before I do anything else

carlos726811

Bright Spark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240422_152519_com.android.gallery3d_edit_20042891983399.jpg
    Screenshot_20240422_152519_com.android.gallery3d_edit_20042891983399.jpg
    224.8 KB · Views: 43

carlos726811

Bright Spark
How long should it take to power PC up. As it seems to be taking ages compare to last 1. To power this up it taking

42.3 seconds. Is that normal or not

Notice when it powers up. It stops on dram for a while then goes go to cpu

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How long should it take to power PC up. As it seems to be taking ages compare to last 1. To power this up it taking

42.3 seconds. Is that normal or not

Notice when it powers up. It stops on dram for a while then goes go to cpu
The new AM5 boards/platform do seem to take 2-3 times longer than the AM4 boards to boot...and ocassionallyyou may see an even longer one as it retrains the memory for best compatibility.

Mine ranges from 45s to 200s.

carlos726811

Bright Spark
The new AM5 boards/platform do seem to take 2-3 times longer than the AM4 boards to boot...and ocassionallyyou may see an even longer one as it retrains the memory for best compatibility.

Mine ranges from 45s to 200s.
Thanks. Just thought something was wrong with ram as ram led light was on for abit that was all lol. But yh happy now. Thanks all

carlos726811

Bright Spark
Now i have had the machine for over a week. I have to say. Amazing Machine. Fast CPU/GPU. Its been fantastic playing different games with everything maxed out. ray tracing, frame generation on my 360hz OLED monitor in HDR.. with over 200FPS. nooo Way i could go back to IPS Panel now lol. ( Oled all the way lol )
CPU temps been sitting around 45/55c
GPU temps. sitting around 60c GPU Power 350w
Amazing experience. Sooo Happy i purchased AM5 now.
Regarding AM4 build. I decided to RMA Later on and get PCS to look into it to find out the issue. and decided to keep for a backup.

Last edited: