Sticking on motherboard page when booting

ottocold

Hi whenever my PC is started or rebooted it normally just hangs on the mother board page and won't then go on to load windows. sometimes i have to reboot it 5 or 6 times before it eventually starts properly and goes on to load windows vista. Any ideas? the thought of doing something with BIOS scare the hell out of me.

Rakk

The Awesome
Is this on a new PC or an older one that's been working fine so far.

If its an older one, then have you done any updates recently (such as windows updates, drivers etc) - cos it's possible that something like that has caused the issue.

Edit: you actually asked about the same thing exactly a year ago, presumably you got it fixed - or is it exactly the same issue that's been going on that long?

Last edited:

ottocold

Is this on a new PC or an older one that's been working fine so far.

If its an older one, then have you done any updates recently (such as windows updates, drivers etc) - cos it's possible that something like that has caused the issue.

Edit: you actually asked about the same thing exactly a year ago, presumably you got it fixed - or is it exactly the same issue that's been going on that long?

it's exactly the same problem but getting worse, when i sent the original pc back because the box was too small and it kept on overheating , i did list that it had this problem. When the pc came back with the bigger housing it works at perfectly normal temperature but still occasionally hung on the motherboard page. Just lately it seems to be getting much worse.

baron75mk2

Banned
do you have an external HDD connected ? , i only ask as i had the same issue with the bios screen freezing & no windows , turned out that something was wrong with the usb to sata converter in the HDD , once disconnected all was back to normal.

ottocold

do you have an external HDD connected ? , i only ask as i had the same issue with the bios screen freezing & no windows , turned out that something was wrong with the usb to sata converter in the HDD , once disconnected all was back to normal.

Hi
tried removing the HDD . had to reboot twice and it still hung for about 15 seconds. Friends who are IT people are surprised that i ever see the motherboard page, they say PCs should always go straight to windows. My system is windows 7 Not vista as i originally said. sorry I'm fairly computer illiterate!

Rakk

The Awesome
Hi
tried removing the HDD . had to reboot twice and it still hung for about 15 seconds. Friends who are IT people are surprised that i ever see the motherboard page, they say PCs should always go straight to windows. My system is windows 7 Not vista as i originally said. sorry I'm fairly computer illiterate!

Mine always goes through the motherboard splash screen before going into Windows so don't worry about that :)
Though yes there is obviously something going wrong if it never gets to Windows, though I haven't really got any suggestions :(

ottocold

You could try a start up repair.
Insert windows7 OS disk, & tap f8 key on startup.
This will bring up boot menu,choose optical drive as boot source,then press any key to boot from the windows7 disc.choose preferences for language & time.
Click on repair your computer.
Click on start up repair.
http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-7-startup-repair.htm

Hi , thanks for that but i will wait till someone who knows they are doing tries it. anything like that scares the hell out of me and i really can't afford to lose all the stuff i have on my pc. Bring on the day when it's all stored on a cloud somewhere and you could log in from any pc and it would not matter a hoot if your own got damaged or stolen. Am i living in dream world??

ottocold

Mine always goes through the motherboard splash screen before going into Windows so don't worry about that :)
Though yes there is obviously something going wrong if it never gets to Windows, though I haven't really got any suggestions :(

Ok thanks for reassuring that it's ok for the motherboard screen to appear. Appreciate it.