Renault Megan RS

adator

Enthusiast
I need your opinions on this car there are 2 where I live one red and one silver but i'm not sure I like either colour what I really want is either white or grey. Which do you guys prefer

renault-megane-rs-8.jpg
The red looks a bit ordinary
2010-Renault-Megane-RS-Silver-Side-View.jpg
The silver which I probably prefer slightly over the red but still a bit plain
renault-megane-rs-grey-1.jpg
This looks a lot more sporty I think and quite a bit nicer
renault-megane-r.s.-01.jpg
and the same with this white one looks a lot nicer aswell

The other option would be to go over to England (I live in the channel Islands just off France) but then I would have to take a car over with a friend then buy a car over there and bring it back but then I don't really get much Guarantee for the car not living in England if something went wrong it would be hard to take it back to them costing a few hundred for the boat.

So what do you guys think what colour do you think looks best? I'm just thinking its a lot of money to pay for a car and then not like the colour, its about £14000 for the silver and £15000 for the red.

DeadEyeDuk

Superhero Level Poster
Annoy everyone and get Jag Green! :D

(yeh i have nothing helpful to add...unless you deemed that helpful, then, uhm, you need help :) )

adator

Enthusiast
Either way I need help :p Its just too tricky do I get the red do I get the silver too many choices, I just think its too much hassle to go to England with the cost and being able to get time off work :/

bigben

Master Poster
1. I think the red looks a bit naff.
2. How about go for the cheapest and get it sprayed? I have no idea of the costs of spraying but would that be an option?

rickne

Master Poster
eggghhhhhh Renault ...HATE. Worked for them on the manufactoring side , such a horrible set of cars. Mind this was back in early noughties , but how much could of changed.

adator

Enthusiast
I did think about getting it sprayed but I think it would be around the £2000 mark for a decent job which is a bit much.

Not sure how much Renault has changed but this ones seems pretty good.

[video=youtube;7zMH1u4QhRU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zMH1u4QhRU[/video]

I've given them both a test drive but unfortunately due to my age I had to have the car salesman with me so I couldn't really give it much. Its also the fastest front wheel drive car around the Nürburgring :)

rickne

Master Poster
[video=youtube;SbDte_KSB7s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbDte_KSB7s[/video]
The Focus RS is still the better car.

adator

Enthusiast
The ford is nice and quick but a lot dearer also you will find that the Renault Menage 265 trophy which still has less BHP then the focus rs is about 10 seconds faster then the RS around the Nürburgring it handles a lot better with the right driver but to be honest both cars are nice.

Corfate

Author Level
White is always a winner for me. Yes, it's a pain to keep clean, but when it is, it looks absolutely amazing. Though, i do like a dirty car!

Grimezy

Prolific Poster
Nothing wrong with a Megane, ignore the "french is rubbish" bandwagoners.

Out of those 4 I prefer the grey, followed by the white, then probably the red then silver.

Based on what's easiest to keep clean though, it would be grey, silver, red then white :)

adator

Enthusiast
I have just bought the silver slightly prefer it to the red but I do agree white and grey do look the nicest, I managed to haggle the price down £1000 so am quite happy just need to wait till next Friday for them to touch up the rims and put new front tyres on :)

lewishollings

Bright Spark
There's just something about Renault's I love... haha I like both the grey and white one if I'm honest! Both look pretty damn good.

rickne

Master Poster
Had a spin in one of these when I worked for Renault.

my_renult_clio.jpg

We also looked after these:

btcc98_20.jpg

And had one of these hidden under a tarp for years:

dsc00329.jpg