Problems.

LewisMoore

Bronze Level Poster
I bought my new pc a few months back and I have decided to dust it. I have removed the processor heatsink and placed it back, I have aligned the sockets however when I turn my pc on no pictures are displaying on my monitor. Have I voided my warranty in doing so? Because I do not know what to do at this moment in time.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
Check you haven't dislodged any connections or components like ram or GPU.
Make sure you take anti-static precautions,even if it's just touching a bare metal part of the case.
When you remove the heatsink you should really clean off the thermal paste and reapply new paste,
why did you remove it though?

Last edited:

LewisMoore

Bronze Level Poster
Check you haven't dislodged any connections or components like ram or GPU.
When you remove the heatsink you should really clean off the thermal paste and reapply new paste.
Make sure you take anti-static precautions,even if it's just touching a bare metal part of the case.

Will arctic silver work? It's a sorta grey colour and how much do I apply? Do I just pry the processor out of the thermal paste? Thanks and I have checked and no connections are dislodged.

vanthus

Member Resting in Peace
What do you recommend I do? Is my warranty still intact? Because one of my processor male sockets are bent out of shape D:
I think you would be best giving tech support a call,straightening a bent pin on the processor ((if that's what you mean,but why unplug the processor?)is a pretty delicate operation and it would be easy to make things worse.

Last edited: