Problem with PC since day 1

Scott

Behold The Ford Mondeo
As others have suggested, send the system back and get a more suitable build for less money. It's genuinely a no brainer. I know you may believe you have found a solution, but holding the CPU back isn't what you paid for. It's a very poor spend and a learning curve for sure, the good news is that you're not too late to get it all sorted properly.... what you have done so far isn't a fix and will come back to bite you.

Have a look around the "Check my Spec" forum/posts and you'll get a much better view of what a well rounded, well specced system looks like and how it compares to the pre-built offering. I would also have a look at the thread on Intel linked above. There are some harrowing videos, things highlighted that are often overlooked in reviews etc due to greased palms from Intel. Objective reviews are selectively objective without giving the whole picture, we tend to be geeky enough to pull together the whole picture and steer customers towards a better reasoned selection approach.

Think about the reasons why you opted for that particular combo of CPU/GPU, you thought it was the best you could get for the money. In reality, it's not close.