Photo and Video Editing Budget PC Advice (Purchase ASAP)

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
I wasn't even aware of "pull and push" I thought "exhaust and intake" were the only two options. Is it not advisable then to have the AIO fans set as exhausts? Should I be contacting PCS to revise my note?

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
I wasn't even aware of "pull and push" I thought "exhaust and intake" were the only two options. Is it not advisable then to have the AIO fans set as exhausts? Should I be contacting PCS to revise my note?
If they've questioned it originally, and you've told them to do otherwise, then it may have confused them...but I'd like to think they'd ignore it and realise what you meant.

But I'd contact them and clarify that you want the AIO rad on the top, with the fans pulling air from inside the case and pushing it out through the radiator and out the top of the case.

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
If they've questioned it originally, and you've told them to do otherwise, then it may have confused them...but I'd like to think they'd ignore it and realise what you meant.

But I'd contact them and clarify that you want the AIO rad on the top, with the fans pulling air from inside the case and pushing it out through the radiator and out the top of the case.
What you've just said is exactly what I told them on the phone. This is the definition of "exhaust" is it not?

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
What you've just said is exactly what I told them on the phone. This is the definition of "exhaust" is it not?
It is, yes. I'd agree, that's the way most systems would be with exhaust out the roof and one rear fan and front intake fans.

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
That is my understanding too...but if the PCS guy was getting confused as you've said then there must have been something in the way it was phrased to create the confusion...unless he was just discombobulated by the sheer audacity to tell him how to do his job :LOL:

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
That is my understanding too...but if the PCS guy was getting confused as you've said then there must have been something in the way it was phrased to create the confusion...unless he was just discombobulated by the sheer audacity to tell him how to do his job :LOL:
I phrased it as "AIO top mounted fans set to exhaust". I was speaking to the sales team. Do these people build too?

gohan2091

Bronze Level Poster
No, I don't believe they build the PC's, that's a separate team.
So the guy I was speaking to was likely not a builder as he was part of the sales team. I did look into what he said and his opinion is also valid. Depends who you ask. Some say it's best to take outside air through the AIO radiator to cool it rather than to pass hot air into it, while others say the opposite (keep it as exhaust and this way there is much less dust in the case). So both ways are valid I guess.