My experience with PCS

pez

Very good, comprehensive review Lord.

Appreciate all the elements you covered and the pictures are crisp and certainly make your new mistress look highly seductive.

Kudos :)

Teaz

Godlike
Nice! +rep.

I noticed something with the Coolit Eco? is that an extra added fan attached to the Rad which is treated as the extra Push?

LordBattleBeard

Very good, comprehensive review Lord.

Appreciate all the elements you covered and the pictures are crisp and certainly make your new mistress look highly seductive.

Kudos :)

+rep for the pics
+rep for the pics
Great review and pics :)
+rep
Thanks guys :D

Nice! +rep.

I noticed something with the Coolit Eco? is that an extra added fan attached to the Rad which is treated as the extra Push?
Correct. Coolit Eco has provisions to allow another fan to be attached so I requested a push/pull fan config.

Last edited:

Teaz

Godlike
so did you added the extra fan on yourself or did you ask/phoned PCS to do it for you? plus what fan isit?

sanj

so did you added the extra fan on yourself or did you ask/phoned PCS to do it for you? plus what fan isit?

I watched Jame's build this machine and it took us a long time to figure out which screw's would make the extra fan fit(it is a standard 120mm) onto the Coolit eco as Coolit themselves don't supply you with any answer's as to which type and length are required,anyway we got it to fit and it seem's to work perfectly.Glad you're happy!

LordBattleBeard

To follow up from my original post; the computer randomly froze again but this time I realised why, I'd passed by the front of the computer case when it happened. So going with that theory I brushed up against the computer several more times following that and could emulate the problem every time. I figured the front led lights might have a loose connection so unplugged those but that didn't help. Then a few hours later I noticed that you can feel the static electricity on the front of the case whenever you touch it. So I figure one of the components isn't grounded properly or touching the case to pass a current through to cause the problem. I don't know how bad this type of thing is for the components but I'll be grateful it didn't fry the motherboard or anything. Anyway this is far above my knowledge level so I sent an RMA request. Gutted to lose the computer for repair so soon after receiving it but as its an unusual problem these things happen. It will give me a chance to see what the after-sale support is like though.

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
You just wanted to conclude your review didn't you come on admit it.

Seriously sorry you have problems with the new lady hope you get it sorted super quick.

LordBattleBeard

You just wanted to conclude your review didn't you come on admit it.

Seriously sorry you have problems with the new lady hope you get it sorted super quick.
Ha, thanks, any length of time will now feel like an eternity after experiencing a computer running as smoothly as this one did. /sob

Last edited:

Fear

Prolific Poster
I know exactly what you mean i would be gutted if i had to send this back, my old pc from a different supplier went back 3 or 4 times in less than 1 and a half years just glad it was all under warrany including collect and return.

Teaz

Godlike
Hope it gets sorted as i know how you feel. Had to get mine RMA back aswel this week, the day it arrived. Was hoping it to use it before easter but unfortunately not.

Do sort your one out soon :)

if only Rep was real money, im sure he will be more than happy for the wait lol :p

Wellsider

"After an hour or so of moving files over to the hdd, the display on the screen froze and I was forced to shut the computer down and boot back up, but this happened again not long after logging in. After going into the BIOS and changing a few minor things like the rate that the ram runs at, it hasn't happened again *touch wood"

I just ordered a pc from pcs. Pretty excited its just finished building and waiting for AV software. I notice you said you realise you haven't said anything negative, but to a computer novice like me the above statement I'm afraid is negative. I wouldn't have a clue about chanigin the bios or diagnosing a problem re the RAM so its a bit worrying you had to do this change straight out of the box.

And now you have had to send the machine back for repairs - both these things combined to being a bit disappointing for a machine thats just been through QA and testing for a couple of days so all in all not a glowing review!

I hope for better for my machine! This is not a dig a PCS as I realise they have very many happy customers and hence why I chose them.

Anyway plus rep for some photos and hope you get your machine back and in perfect working order asap

LordBattleBeard

I know exactly what you mean i would be gutted if i had to send this back, my old pc from a different supplier went back 3 or 4 times in less than 1 and a half years just glad it was all under warrany including collect and return.
It isn't great and didn't get any better with PSN going down aswell >__<'. I had problems with my last computer also, but even under warranty the company couldn't put it right. In the end I had to sue them in a small claims court to get my money back.

Oh here have some rep to cheer you up ;)

Hope it gets sorted as i know how you feel. Had to get mine RMA back aswel this week, the day it arrived. Was hoping it to use it before easter but unfortunately not.

Do sort your one out soon :)

if only Rep was real money, im sure he will be more than happy for the wait lol :p
Thanks and sorry to hear that. Hopefully you get yours back soon to :)

"After an hour or so of moving files over to the hdd, the display on the screen froze and I was forced to shut the computer down and boot back up, but this happened again not long after logging in. After going into the BIOS and changing a few minor things like the rate that the ram runs at, it hasn't happened again *touch wood"

I just ordered a pc from pcs. Pretty excited its just finished building and waiting for AV software. I notice you said you realise you haven't said anything negative, but to a computer novice like me the above statement I'm afraid is negative. I wouldn't have a clue about chanigin the bios or diagnosing a problem re the RAM so its a bit worrying you had to do this change straight out of the box.

And now you have had to send the machine back for repairs - both these things combined to being a bit disappointing for a machine thats just been through QA and testing for a couple of days so all in all not a glowing review!

I hope for better for my machine! This is not a dig a PCS as I realise they have very many happy customers and hence why I chose them.

Anyway plus rep for some photos and hope you get your machine back and in perfect working order asap
If I were you I wouldn't worry, chances are you won't have to touch the BIOS or do anything other than enjoy your computer when you get it.

Let me clarify on my review a bit to avoid any confusion; I found that the problem with the computer freezing up didn't have anything to do with the BIOS settings or the RAM as I originally thought. These were just some basic tests I did in an attempt to diagnose the problem myself to avoid having to send it back if it could be avoided.

In the end I found that the problem happened whenever I came in contact with the front of the computer case. On closer inspection there was static electricity coming from that area, probably this was either caused by the motherboard making contact with the case or some other component not being grounded properly.

Your experience will hopefully be different than mine :)

Last edited: