Help with PC.

Dan

Iv had my pc around 9 months and all does now is crash. I'm not the best with understanding all the technical parts of a pc etc but i just wondered if anyone had any ideas.

I have never had anything on my computer that causes it to crash that iv noticed. For instance i have 1 game installed and a few programs. (Nothing at all really)

As i have been moving house I haven't been using my pc for a couple of months or so but now its the time to get it sorted as im starting uni soon and need it to be in tip top condition.

At any point whilst using the pc it will restart, shut down, blue screen or just completely freeze. I have rang up the tech guys at PC and they told me to send some minidump files to them, which i did. They then told me i had a hardware fault but they couldn't tell from the files what it was.

I was then told to send an events log so they could look into it further. I am in the process of doing that but if anyone has any ideas it would be a great help!

Like i said, im not great with computers but ill give it a go!

P.S for instance i was just typing this post and it crashed with the blue screen appearing!

This is my system..

Processor (CPU) AMD PHENOM II X2 550 SOCKET AM3 (3.10GHz/6MB CACHE) - BLACK EDITION
Motherboard ASUS® M4A785TD-V EVO: DUAL DDR3, S-ATA II, 2 x PCIe x16, 1 x PCIe x1, 3 x PCI
Memory (RAM) 4GB CORSAIR XMS3 DUAL-DDR3 1600MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY
Graphics Card 1GB ATI RADEON™ HD 4850X2 PCI EXPRESS (Special Offer)
2nd Graphics Card NONE
Memory - 1st Hard Disk 640GB SERIAL ATA 3-Gb/s HARD DRIVE WITH 16MB CACHE (7,200rpm)
1st DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 22x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
2nd DVD/BLU-RAY Drive 22x DUAL LAYER DVD WRITER ±R/±RW/RAM
Memory Card Reader INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)
Power Supply & Case Cooling 600W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£59)
Processor Cooling SUPER QUIET 22dBA TRIPLE COPPER HEATPIPE CPU COOLER (£19)
Sound Card ONBOARD 8 CHANNEL (7.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Facilities ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT
USB Options 8 x USB 2.0 PORTS (6 REAR + 2 FRONT) AS STANDARD

Thanks in advance!

Dan

Also i was supposed to get sent instructions on how to access the events log but didn't receive any. Any help there also please? :(

steveuk87

Super Star
yeah possible hardware fault mate, not much advise we can give unless each bit is tested, sounds kinda like a graphics card problem tbh.. are all your drivers up to date? oh and what version of windows you using?

Steve

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
It's best to continue contacting us through our support channels for this one, because it's not easy to determine what the problem may be. Please use our email and/or call centre on 0844 499 4000.

Dan

I tried a couple of times today, got cut off twice.

Also e-mailed.

I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Sleinous

Author Level
Any luck resolving this issue Dan?

Does windows error report give you any (useful) insight? Useful being the keyword as we all know how much junky message encoding they put with their error messages. i.e. error: KB643627325 please refer to website blah blah blah ^^