Help please! Dual monitor audio issues.

shoXx

Hi,

I have dual monitors set up on my PC and I'm having annoying audio issues.

Monitor 1: BenQ EX3210U.
Monitor 2: BenQ EW3270U.

I use monitor 1 as my main gaming monitor as it's just better for gaming.
Monitor 2 I use for streaming/movies/browsing.

Whenever I reboot or put my PC to sleep I have to manually set games to use monitor 1 in volume mixer or sometimes get no sound at all (monitor 2 always remembers to use audio for Chrome) and have to reboot again and again until it does work. Is there any way to permanently set my monitors to use whatever source I want or to have it at least remember my last choices? Or any audio programs that might solve this?

Thanks in advance.

RichLan564

Bright Spark
Hi,

I have dual monitors set up on my PC and I'm having annoying audio issues.

Monitor 1: BenQ EX3210U.
Monitor 2: BenQ EW3270U.

I use monitor 1 as my main gaming monitor as it's just better for gaming.
Monitor 2 I use for streaming/movies/browsing.

Whenever I reboot or put my PC to sleep I have to manually set games to use monitor 1 in volume mixer or sometimes get no sound at all (monitor 2 always remembers to use audio for Chrome) and have to reboot again and again until it does work. Is there any way to permanently set my monitors to use whatever source I want or to have it at least remember my last choices? Or any audio programs that might solve this?

Thanks in advance.
Disable the audio for the the devices you don't want to use
1706611178939.png

TonyCarter

VALUED CONTRIBUTOR
How about a separate set of relatively cheap speakers for the whole system, that you can position wherever you need depending on which monitor you're using?

Something like the Pebble v3 would give you an overall better sound quality than any monitor speaker (although the downward-firing speakers in my Studio Display are very good).

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Yeah that's what I have to do every time I reboot my PC as it never remembers what I have selected previously. I need to know if there is a way to save it so it remembers.
if it’s not remembering it’s because there’s something wrong with your windows setup.

shoXx

Hi,

Still having this issue regularly.

I have tested audio on the monitor, I hear the beeps. Stream audio works fine when I set it to use monitor 1 but audio from game launchers refuses to work.

I have reinstalled audio drivers, nVidia drivers and monitor drivers

Desperate for a solution to this problem.

SpyderTracks

We love you Ukraine
Hi,

Still having this issue regularly.

I have tested audio on the monitor, I hear the beeps. Stream audio works fine when I set it to use monitor 1 but audio from game launchers refuses to work.

I have reinstalled audio drivers, nVidia drivers and monitor drivers

Desperate for a solution to this problem.
I’d just do a clean install and start over.