Hdd sata II

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
I have almost the same issue mate. Got a replacement HDD today, did a clean install and it still shows as Sata III not VI. Although your issue is a bit different in that it shows as Sata II instead, weird!

I think you've got your wires crossed - SATA III is SATA 6GB's, I think you were thinking SATA VI because of the data transfer rates... :)

PCS

Administrator
Staff member
Hi all

Got me new HDD in the post today and will install windows next bit of spare time I get but I was just wondering if there are any particular bios settings I need to change from default or will it be fine as it is?

Thanks

The settings that are already set will be all that is required :)

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
I think you've got your wires crossed - SATA III is SATA 6GB's, I think you were thinking SATA VI because of the data transfer rates... :)

So just to clarify, on the boot up screen it should say SATA III if a Sata 6gb/s HHD is fitted? Because that's not what was suggested in Yamibone's thread on the issue...

Tabasco

Bronze Level Poster
Your right Maestro, wires crossed! My boot up screen was the same as Yamibone's thread but had it in my head that it would show Sata VI if correct for some reason! o_O

Had another wee jig about inside the system this morning, tried another 6gb/s cable and it now shows the right speed! Woohoo!

Sleinous

Author Level
This is sounding like a BIOS problem, because my ASUS Rampage III Extreme, has the same marvel controller, except when I power on I get the same picture as what you posted on first page, but under speed: 6GB/s (and I did a test with a 1TB 3gb/s HDD in the 6gb/s controller too, and it showed up as 3gb/s under speed.